Photoshop Video

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Hey, in episode 128, i’m trying to do the fire, but i don’t understand how to export the video from photoshop. i can do it, then i import to premiere, but all i get is just one of the layers. nothing ever moves in the video. and more importantly what’s the proper way to import to premiere anyway? what’s the deal with putting the .psd file in the time line? what does that do? i don’t get it. Help please!

THIS HAS BEEN UP FOR TWO DAYS AND NONE OF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO HELP ME OR ATLEAST SUGGEST SOMETHING I MIGHT DO!? I HOPE YOU ALL DIE! THANKS FOR NOTHING! >_<.

Sometimes people do not HAVE the answers, thus no reply/response.

Highly immature and childish comment you make on a forum whose members have a reputation for going out of their way to provide information regardless of the redundancy of questions by people who do not, cannot or are too lazy to research the archives; people who ask stupid questions and STILL receive decent answers from many; and people who simply do not grasp that forum participation and the FREE answers received here is a voluntary thing, not something any of us are compelled or desire to be forced to do.

Have a VERY nice day in purgatory. πŸ™‚

you’re right i’m sorry to everyone on this site. i was just angry because i’m so confused by the video. i don’t like it. If they were more specific in the video on how they did this stuff then i would be alright. i did take into consideration that people may not know the answer, but someone could at least had an idea on what to do maybe through a little experience in photoshop or maybe knew someone else that could help me. i did a lot of research on my own and still got no where, this is why i asked the question here on the site i watched the tutoriral on. *sigh, i’ll keep waiting for someone to help me. because i really don’t know how to get this to work right. sorry again.

the video i feel should be more helpful. yeah they say what they did, but they don’t really say how they did it. so after watching the video 10 times, i was able to figure out what exactly what they did in photoshop. but what they don’t really say is how they exported each of these layers backinto a video from photoshop. through some research i figured that out. but how they got it an acutal video is what i don’t get. i get a video file, but when i play it, i only get one of the layers through out the entire video. and they don’t explain what’s up with putting the .psd file in premiere. what does that do? i don’t get it. and there’s multiple ways i found to import the document. i don’t know which is the right way. there are so many parameters. that’s as far as i got. i had to work off of clues from the video since there wasn’t a clear explanation. i made a post here because i thought that someone on this site, since this is where the video came from, could explain it to me. i guess not. well then i’ll wait for someone to respond, but i guess i’ll have to do this all alone. goodbye.

I am SO totally NOT a Photoshop guru, though I use it extensively for photo work, title boards, cover inserts and DVD graphics and the like. You sound much more sophisticated in your knowledge and understanding of the program.

But, I seem to recall reading somewhere that using the .psd file is how layers are transferred into the project in editing software that integrates work from PS. This alone, I know, helps you none whatsoever, and I am also NOT at all familiar with Premiere.

My only experience, limited as it may be, is with Mac & FCP.

Participant

I am not sure where the tutorial you are talking about comes from. Post a link and maybe someone can help you.

Inactive

hmmm, it seems like the problem is that you’re opening the files wrong. Did you try opening them in Premiere by clicking the first frame? And then clicking the numbered stils box? You are welcome to call us at our offices and ask for Tom, I will try to walk ya through it… And I’ve been to hell, it’s nice there! Great place to shoot!

haha

Just when i gave up hope, peole finally come through for me. thanks Earl. Yes, i have been working in Photoshop for many many years. But this is the first time i’ve been using it to edit video. And thanks for the fact about the document file. That did help me. I figured it was something along those lines. Earl, thanks very much and sorry for hating everyone on this. thanks again. Jerron, the video was videomakers episode 128 on how to create fake fire. here’s the link. http://www.videomaker.com/video/watch/vidcast/videomaker_presents/128/1/ Tom, Hey. great an adminstrator helps out. what do you mean by opening in the frame by clicking the first frame? lol, i think we first have to define if we are importing the .psd file or the movie file of all the layers. nice, i may just call you. thanks.

Participant

I take it the problem you are having is with the part where you have the to have the person run in front of the fire?

It looks like for the tutorial they exported an image sequence from Premiere, then edited each individual frame in photoshop to cut the figure out of the background where he would be overlapping the fire effect.

You can then import this image sequence back into Premiere (when you click on the first file in the sequence you should have a button at the bottom of the import window that will let you import a sequence) and place it in the timeline in a video track above the track that contains the fire effect.

In general though if you have After Effects I would recommend doing this kind of compositing there.

yeah, it’s in front of the fire. oh…. an image sequence. i actually never thought of that. see what i did was i cut the shot down to when my subject was about infront of the fire and then i put that on a new sequence in permiere and exported just that as a video file, .avi, .mov and so on. then in photoshop, i saw that there was an import video option and it took my video and all it’s frames and put each one on it’s own layer. that’s how i thought they did it in the video. interesting enough, i saw that when i import i have an option to say when a new layer is created. there were 70 frames in this video. by saying 10, i only had to cut out 7 layers which made it easier for me. i’m not sure if that was the right way to do it, maybe not. but it did look like it would work. So what would After Effects do? would that be in place of photoshop for cutting or the bridge between preimere and photoshop?

Participant

There might be an action in the actions panel that can export the individual layers as an image sequence.

There might also be a script that you can find online (try the Adobe Exchange: adobe.com/cfusion/exchange) that could do that as well.

Normally though if you choose to create a new video layer from a file it will not bring the video in as separate layers but instead as a video clip that you can work with. Choose Layers>Video Layers>New Video Layer from File. You could probably then use the selection and eraser tools to remove the areas you needed. You can then export the video file or image sequence back out of PHotoshop. That would work in CS3 and CS4.

After Effects is intended for Motion Graphics and light Compositing. It would be used in place of Photoshop in this case.

Inactive

Both Premiere and Photoshop are both complicated programs.

Here’s my best advice – subscribe to Lynda.com – $25/month.

They have some great tutorial videos on both Photoshop and Premiere.

One of their training sections is called CS3 Extended for 3D and video – it should give you all your answers.

It has about 15 videos which deal with the subject.

You might also subscribe to the “Photoshop for Video” podcast by Richard Harrington – he also has a book of that same name which

should give you lots of answers.

Good luck.

Ah, i see, yes that would make it easier. Thanks jerron. hmmm, ok, i may just check them out. thanks bufferflyguy. well i guess i should get back to work on it. thanks for the help, i’ll see what i can do.

Participant

You can also fine a wide variety of podcasts and tutorials at CreativeCow.net

thank you.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap