Photoshop Camera Raw problem?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey guys… So here’s my problem.

I have a Canon XS Rebel, and i always shoot on RAW mode. I Use Digital Photo Professional to view and organize my pictures and i use Photoshop Camera Raw and Photoshop to edit my photos. My problem is that when i take a picture with a different color mode on my camera (Sepia, black and white, or even if i change the saturation of colors) they show up on DPP but not on ACR. And that is really getting on my nerves, because i might take THE PERFECT PICTURE on my camera, but then i can’t edit it using PCR, and i seldom get the exact same colors as i did with the camera. So heres an example. The left one was exported using DPP, and i didnt edited it, just straighted it. The one on the right was exported using PCR, and did not show the sepia tone.

I understand RAW is not supposed to carry any color change information, so i would have to shoot in JPEG if i wanted the sepia tone….but is there any way to bypass this? So i can edit my Sepia picture on PCR?

Thank Guys!

Rob
      Participant

Are you saying that shooting with the sepia preset is creating a jpeg file and not a .CR2 file, which is what Camera Raw generally likes?

Are you on a Mac or PC? I’m on a Mac so what I’d do is go to:

Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling. In the File Compatibility section of the dialog box (about half way down) check the ckeckbox labeled “Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for JPEG Files

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well, i didn’t know you could actually use Camera Raw for JPEGS. But that’s not the case.

My camera is creating a .CR2 file, but the sepia doesn’t show on Camera Raw. And i am on a PC. It’s like Camera Raw is not reading the Sepia part of the photo…

Rob
      Participant

really? hmm…weird. I have a rebel too, I’ll have to give it a shot when I get home from work tonight….IF I get home (late night tonight)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘DSLR’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN