photo montages

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I would like to start making photo montage DVD’s and I have been researching. I want to find a good software but there are too many to chose from. I would like to buy a program which I can integrate video and pictures…I would like the pictures to fade or split up before revealing the next shot not just borring “next picture next picture.” Can you recommend a good and affordable software?

Inactive

windows moviemaker can do this stuff for free. if you are looking to upgrade to have your pictures do the ken burns effect, i sometimes use roxio videowave 7, and it can do this. i believe it’s only $30.

Participant

Other good programs that will allow you to do photo montages are Avid Express DV (PC and Mac) and Final Cut Pro (Mac). Both can do a Ken Burns type of effects, however with the Avid there’s pan and zoom plug-in that you need to install to make get the effect to work.

These applications are a little more expensive

Avid Xpress DV runs about $495 and there is a free version of the software available visit:

http://www.avidstore.com/index.cfm?page=templates/product_index&categoryid=63

Final Cut Express runs about $299

visit:

http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/

Kitty:

What sort of budget do you have for this?

Inactive

freeman, I’ve been trying to work my way around the free version of Avid DV, but I don’t know if I can apply the pan-and-zoom plug-in to it. Is it possible?

Participant

SVHS,

The Avid and Pan and Zoom documentation says that it only works with at least the Avid Xpress DV license. It doesn’t mention anything about Avid Free DV.

As you know Avid Free DV is limited and that looks like one of the limitations of the software.

You might look at purchasing Avid Xpress DV. The price is under $500 now.

Inactive

Thanks for your quick reply.

Participant

I use Premiere 6.5 – I recently did a couple of videos for my church that incorporated a lot of pictures. What I did was use the storyboard feature to lay out my pictures and then automate it to the timeline. It made it pretty quick to put together.

Granted, I haven’t used anything else, so my experience is limited. If you do find something that fits your needs, I would be interested in hearing what you came up with.

Thanks!
      Tim P.

Inactive

Ulead’s Media Studio Pro 7 is great. It’s @ $500. and leaves you with pleny of room to grow. One of the things that sold me on it to begin with is that there is a great user’s forum accesible through ulead’ site (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mug-sw/).

Best Regards,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap