Photo montages?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

How do you guys make photo montages? I am running roxio videowave. I can’t figure out whether to scan photos or use my dv camera to video each picture and then transfer to computer. I tried to scan photos in…each picture looked very pixelated. Just need some advice. Thanks.

Inactive

There is a great article in the November, 2003 issue about how to go about putting photos in your computer. I’d highly reccommend reading that. Personally, I use a digital camera to take the pictures which makes it very easy to upload them onto your computer without a loss of quality. If you don’t already have one, you can buy a digital camera for as little as $50.

Inactive

What if you only have pictures from weddings that others have given you and they are not digital? Do you take digital pics of the 35mm pics?

Inactive

No, I always would just scan my 35mms in. Scanning them in is usually not a problem. In fact, it’s probably the best way to go. I’m suprised that you’re having such problems with the quality of the pictures. If you have a picture editing program such as Adobe Photoshop, it’s possible that you could take those pixelated photos and fix them up a little bit. Just a thought.

Participant

I am also surprised that you are having bad quality from the scanned photos. Try scanning other pictures and see if you get the same result – if so then it may be the scanner. If not then it just may be the scanner itself. By the way I highly recommend videowave. I used to do technical support for a wide range of their products not too long ago. Videowave can work with about 1000 photos. If you use the smaller version, slideshow assistant, that will work great with up to 100 photos. Make sure you don’t have an onboard video card, intel. Nvidia video cards work best with Roxio/Sonic programs. I probably have spoken with a few users on this message board over the phone, email, or chat room when it came to tech support. 😛 Anyways hope this helps.

Inactive

kevinvideo,

The post you just addressed is almost 4 years old! Usually those are pretty much left for reference only.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap