Photo capture

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      parrotcam
      Participant

I use the Samsung HMX-T10bn HD camcorder. Does taking stills during recording diminish video quality? It appears to be ok, but I would like another’s opinion.

birdcat
      Participant

What does the manual say?

I Shoot with a Sony HDR-SR11 and it specifically states I can take stills without interrupting or interfering with video recording – I’ve done this and it is true.

vid-e-o-man
      Participant

I have theSony HDR-SR11 also and as Birdcat says you can shoot stills while making video. The video quality is not changedbut the resulting still won’t have the resolution that could be obtained just shooting stills. Your cam may function the same.

parrotcam
      Participant

Ok. Thanks. πŸ™‚

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

And there is always the experimental method. Shoot something unimportant and snapsome stills during the recording. The proof would be in the playback.

Anonymous

I haveSamsung HMX-T10bn HD camcorder and I love it… May be there are something wrong with yours… πŸ™‚

XTR-91
      Participant

Stills are very small bits of information, and my panasonic camcorder that shoots 1920×1080/60p runs a separate thread for photo capture during recording.

ridewake
      Participant

I am looking for a camcorder that will video and shoot stills simutaniously.  The photos need to have a high resoulution.  I realize alot of cameras do this but not at the megapixel that good photos need.  Also the video cannot be interupted.  Does any one have experience with this? 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN