P’h p’h p’h p’h p’h

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

HI guys,

i am in need of help recording a Voice Over.

I am recording onto a minidisc recorder and then transfering this to the PC usinf the Audio Mixer in Premier (pro).

The problem i have is that even without any input going into the Pc, i am getting a Low P’h p’h p’h sound being recorded.

At first i thought that the heads needed cleaning on the recorder, but once i had done this, it was still there, so i checked the playback through headphones and the sound was spot on.

I didnt know what was causing it, until i was adding some Voiceover and wasn’t concentrating on what i waas doing and continued to record well after the track had stopped playing and the player had turned itself off. I noticed that even though the player was off i was still egtting this sound. So i simply recorded sound to the timline without any device or cables connected to the PC, and again go this noise.

So, does anyone know what is happening? I have noticed that i can capture Sound using the File> Capture> Audio Only, but as yet have not tried this.

Unfotunately i am not using a dedicated sound card, instead using the onboard sounds processor of the PC, and cannot install one as i have no more PCI Slots.

One other question, when recording Narrative (antyhing really) i have been told to keep the sound level at -12db, but i dont know if this should be the Peak sound or the Constant sound. If it is the Peak sound then the Constant sound is really Low.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap