Person talking thru phone effect?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m making a film that requires the main character to answer the phone.
      The person on the other end talks out of sight, but I need an effect that will make his voice sound as though he’s talking thru a phone or radio.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Inactive

If you get some sort of sound recording or minipulateing soft ware ie. Pro tools, cakewalk, acid pro. there are way to take out sertine frequences that phone takes out. other than that, just have a person talk into a phone and record it sepertate. either play it back for the on screen actor or just make a script.

Inactive

While I don’t know what kind of NLE you’re using, I know some of the higher end ones have VST audio filters with presets that can simulate this for you. I know that Abobe Premiere Pro does. If you have any kind of graphic equalizer filter or plugin built in you could just experiement with different settings there too.

RAM

Participant

i do have premiere pro 1.5

i have been playing around with the EQ settings, and this is what i’ve come up with so far:

go to custom setup, click on low, mid1, mid3

low: freq 499 gain -0.2 dB

mid1: freq 139 gain -17.4 dB

mid3: freq 661 gain -20dB

@ bottom, middle Q at 0.05 oct

you’d probably have to mess around with these numbers to get it sounding exactly like a phone.

still, anyone who knows how to get the phone sound post back

this is a prototype, and still kinda sucks

Inactive

Has a preset EQ for just this effect. If you have a Mac.

Inactive

Rather easy if you have any version of Premiere Pro.

Under audio effects / stereo, select a low pass filter. This should cut out all of the lower frequency… or at least enough to achieve the desired effect. I’m no audio engineer; just my opinion; from memory, that’s what I think did it.

I believe you can also achieve a custom sound by minipulating the faders yourself in the graphic equalizer mode.

MF

Inactive

[quote="Ryan3078"]I’m making a film that requires the main character to answer the phone.
      The person on the other end talks out of sight, but I need an effect that will make his voice sound as though he’s talking thru a phone or radio.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.[/quote]

For me you just need to ordinary cellphone that has the capability of speakerphone which you need to be nearer to the one who is capturing the audio while the other person will calling to that phone.

Participant

yes, using a cell phone with speakerphone would be a good idea, but I have noticed things when I film near cell phones. Every time, the video camera picks up interference and in playback you can hear this scatchy/squeal of interference

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap