People who shoot without lens hoods.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob
      Participant

All the time I see kids with GL2s, A1s, VX2000s, VX2100s, DVXs, and similar camcorders who take their lens hood off. What is the deal with these kids. It’s SO annoying to me. I want to know what their logic is behind it.

D0n
      Participant

it’s a conspiracy to drive people who shoot with lenshoods insane.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I thought I read somewhere that the design of some lens hoods limit the number of filters you can attach… so maybe they are using more than one filter and can’t fit the lens hood on?

brandon0409
      Participant

I agree with ARK. When I first purchased my VX2100 I had 4 filters that I tried to attached. THen I tried to reattach the hood and obviously it wouldn’t fit.

But I took the lenses that were more unnecessary off and reapplied the hood. I think it looks cooler.

Rob
      Participant

Yea, I’ve seen a lot of these kids “in action” with there cameras without lens hoods, and they clearly don’t have filters on.

Personally, I think it looks stupid though.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think it looks cooler.

And that is what filming is all about…:D

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Production Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN