Peavey XR 8600 mixer into Canon XL2… Best way to do this?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Peavey XR 8600 mixer into Canon XL2… Best way to do this?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am trying to input directly from a Peavey XR 8600 mixer into my Canon XL2 and thought I can do this with XLR to XLR cable… It looks as though I was wrong. Any help?

Participant

You are right – it appears the 8600 has only RCA jacks. You can get a Y cable to bring those two down to a 3.5 mini. I think the GL2 has one of those inputs.

Inactive

Can I get an appropriate output signal from the monitor jack if I can get the correct XLR end into the Canon XL2?

Participant

P. 15 of the instruction book for the 8300/8600 indicates none of your outputs are balanced (so not a direct match for XLR) and your MAIN and MONITOR outputs are the same for impedance. What isn’t apparent to me is if the MONITOR is a stereo mix out (1/4″) and I don’t know what the XL2 is spec’d for on it’s1/8″ input. It may be just as easy as a 1/4″ from the monitor to theXL21/8″ – but it would be mono in that case. So, to the above suggestion, I’d add… try a 1/4″ stereo to 1/8″ stereo path cord.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap