Peavey XR 8600 mixer into Canon XL2… Best way to do this?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Peavey XR 8600 mixer into Canon XL2… Best way to do this?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am trying to input directly from a Peavey XR 8600 mixer into my Canon XL2 and thought I can do this with XLR to XLR cable… It looks as though I was wrong. Any help?

Participant

You are right – it appears the 8600 has only RCA jacks. You can get a Y cable to bring those two down to a 3.5 mini. I think the GL2 has one of those inputs.

Inactive

Can I get an appropriate output signal from the monitor jack if I can get the correct XLR end into the Canon XL2?

Participant

P. 15 of the instruction book for the 8300/8600 indicates none of your outputs are balanced (so not a direct match for XLR) and your MAIN and MONITOR outputs are the same for impedance. What isn’t apparent to me is if the MONITOR is a stereo mix out (1/4″) and I don’t know what the XL2 is spec’d for on it’s1/8″ input. It may be just as easy as a 1/4″ from the monitor to theXL21/8″ – but it would be mono in that case. So, to the above suggestion, I’d add… try a 1/4″ stereo to 1/8″ stereo path cord.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap