Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Sound › Peavey XR 8600 mixer into Canon XL2… Best way to do this?
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- April 14, 2009 at 2:40 PM #41654AnonymousInactive
I am trying to input directly from a Peavey XR 8600 mixer into my Canon XL2 and thought I can do this with XLR to XLR cable… It looks as though I was wrong. Any help?
- April 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM #176337BruceMolParticipant
You are right – it appears the 8600 has only RCA jacks. You can get a Y cable to bring those two down to a 3.5 mini. I think the GL2 has one of those inputs.
- April 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM #176338AnonymousInactive
Can I get an appropriate output signal from the monitor jack if I can get the correct XLR end into the Canon XL2?
- April 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM #176339BruceMolParticipant
P. 15 of the instruction book for the 8300/8600 indicates none of your outputs are balanced (so not a direct match for XLR) and your MAIN and MONITOR outputs are the same for impedance. What isn’t apparent to me is if the MONITOR is a stereo mix out (1/4″) and I don’t know what the XL2 is spec’d for on it’s1/8″ input. It may be just as easy as a 1/4″ from the monitor to theXL21/8″ – but it would be mono in that case. So, to the above suggestion, I’d add… try a 1/4″ stereo to 1/8″ stereo path cord.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.