- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 20, 2010 at 3:07 PM #47176AnonymousInactive
I do wedding videos with PE7 editing software its very nice, but man it just keeps on crashing, after I have aprrox 1 hr working footage with my Window Vista . Is this normal or I’m I not doing something. I have already downloaded all the upgrades. Adobe has a great product but this is crazy. Or maybe I need CS4? Help!!
- June 21, 2010 at 7:55 AM #194243AnonymousInactive
How much RAM do you have. In my opinion Adobe Premiere is pretty inefficient when it comes to RAM usage. (At least the pro versions, Ive never worked with elements version) Is it crashing during an export or just during regular editing?
- June 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM #194244
I used to use PE7 without any problem with Windows XP. Now I have upgraded to Windows 7 and PE8 and still no problem. Could it be that it is a Vista problem? Certainly if you do not have enough RAM it could also cause crashes.
If you are familiar with Premiere Elements, it might be a good idea to stick with it. CS4 will place even greater demands on your system.
- June 22, 2010 at 1:26 AM #194245AnonymousInactive
It mostly crashes during editing, I have asked about the RAM, i”m running on 3.0 GB – should I get more?
- June 22, 2010 at 3:29 PM #194246
On my old PC I had 3 GB ram which was basically the limit when using a 32bit Windows. Then long projects would be a problem. This is the reason why I upgraded to Windows 7. I now have 8GB of ram.
- June 22, 2010 at 6:52 PM #194247AnonymousInactive
I agree I use to run CS3 with a 32bit configuration and it was always crashing due to a lack of ram. I would upgrade to a 64bit os and bump up to at least 6gb ram
- June 30, 2010 at 11:54 PM #194248AnonymousInactive
Best way to learn all about PE7? Any one has ideas?
- July 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM #194249
Two suggestions: 1) Take the tutorials on lynda.com (http://www.lynda.com/home/ViewCourses.aspx?lpk0=356)
2) Use the book “Creating Hollywood Style Movies with Premiere Elements 7” by Paul Ebert
- July 1, 2010 at 11:28 PM #194250AnonymousInactive
Thanks, I’ll do that
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.