PC vs. Mac

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have been blessed (cursed) with a brand new production room at a brand new school, my qualifications…I can use a video camera and a computer.

I have always used Vegas Video for my editing, but at the new school they just decided to make it a Mac school. The tech guy wants to meet with me to discuss the new needs of the production room, only problem is I don’t know Jack about Mac postproduction software. We are an elementary school and produce about 250 projects (video and audio)a year (no live broadcasting because kids that age pick noses scratch themselves…). I can complete a 3-5 minute PC based project (with chroma keying) in about 40 minutes. What can I look forward to with using a Mac (probably Final Cut). Also will it handle my audio (music) recording and editing? Will chroma keying be easy? Any information is appreciated.

Inactive

mcsmiley59

lucky you, you should be ecstatic about venturing into macland! final cut pro will become your new best friend. chroma keying is a snap with fcp. and audio is a joy to play with on a mac, theres a truckload of programs out there to use. i tend to bounce around between programs alot for different programs just so i can become more accustomed to each in shorter time, but for audio i use Logic Express and Soundtrack, each have a relatively easy learning curve just like most everything on a mac.
      Now i dont know multimedia on a pc all that well as i was brought up doing art on a mac, so i dont know if this is standard, fcp doesnt handle all audio formats to well, the easiest thing which i have begun just doing absent mindedly is bringing all finished audio into itunes and converting it to .wav. should be fine after that. as for chroma keying its as easy as finding the submenu effects>filters>key>chroma keyer.
      i wish i had extensive pc knowledge so i could give you comparisons or differences but…

I am by no means an expert on the subject but i have been using all the programs i can get my hands on quite extensively for the past 5 or 6 years and I’d be more than happy to help you out on anything seeing as you havent gotten many replies.

ben

Inactive

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/chroma_key_fcp_hd_monahan.html

i just found this site, this should definitly give you some visual cues as to where some things are in fcp. hope it helps[/url]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap