PC for editing Video

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a dell PC Intel Core 2 6400 @2.3Ghz 2MB Ram 250 Hard Drive 256Mb ATI Radeon x1300 pro video card Vista Home Premium. I am using Power Director 6 softwear. Some times when I am editing it freezes up or stops working. Or just takes a while to process the cut or change I make. I think my processor should be fast enough. Do you think a better video card would make any difference??

Participant

Probably the software. I have never heard of Power Director but I know that lower end software in general has atendencyto crash often.

Inactive

Hard drive space is also crucial. Software usually wants a lot of hard drive space for making movies. Make sure you have at least 30 gigs per video hour available on your hard drive – and make sure the hard drive is degragged.

Finally, you said you have 2 meg ram. I would assume you meant 2 gig ram. 2 gig ram would be minimum for doing video work.

Participant

It’s got to be the program. My Dell is single core, with a 200GB Hard Drive, integrated graphics, 1 GB of RAM, and it runs Adobe Premiere Pro 2 fine. Your computer is perfect for editing.

Inactive

ensure that you have the latest drivers for all your hardware, latest updates for all your software and also make sure that you don’t have heat issues in your case, i.e. dust buildup in the cooling fins over the processor.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best desktop computers for video editing — 2021

An efficient editing workflow depends on a solid editing system. Here's a look at the best desktop computers for video editing.
homicide-bootstrap