PC Card – Processor?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been using my Dell Inspiron PC with a 1.6 GHz processor editing with Cyberlink PowerDirector. The editingisn’t bad, exceptwhile editingwith the source files on a USB device.

First question – would a faster processor help with the problem, or is the speed of USB the only thing dragging it down?

Secondly,isthere any place to get afaster Intel Chip in the form of a PC Card, so that my laptop has more processing power?

Participant

Considering the bandwidth of a PC card slot, I had figured out that fast processing through an expansion slot might not work. Just wanted to see if it was possible. I’ll see if I can get more research on disassembling and replacing a processor.

After working on a project with files imported from my hard disk camcorder, I was able to work while it was connected. Once I tried to open the project without no camera connection, I got a File Not Found error and redirected it to the copied video files on my computer. After saving and re-loading my project later, there were numerous changes, and a bunch of moved cuts on a bunch of clips. It seems that when I change the source of my files, my software (Cyberlink PowerDirector) starts to make incorrect changes and glitch when I save… could become a horror story if I’m not careful.

Participant

Do you have a firewire port on your computer? A firewire hdd should be more than adequate for your editing needs.

Participant

My Dell PC has a IEEE 1394 FireWire port (the type of FireWire that most DV Cameras use). I actually have a Maxtor 1TB external hardrive with a USB and two FireWire 400 slots. This Firewire, however, is a larger connection interface that does not fit the small port on my computer.

I’ve looked around for a Firewire 6-pin to 4-pin converter. Will the interface be the same as USB when I connect the hardrive using a converter cable?

Participant

Provided that your hdd also has a power cord, you can buy a firewire 400 6-pin to 4-pin cable for your harddrive.

The extra two pins on the 6-pin firewire connector are used for carrying power, not data.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap