PC Card – Processor?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been using my Dell Inspiron PC with a 1.6 GHz processor editing with Cyberlink PowerDirector. The editingisn’t bad, exceptwhile editingwith the source files on a USB device.

First question – would a faster processor help with the problem, or is the speed of USB the only thing dragging it down?

Secondly,isthere any place to get afaster Intel Chip in the form of a PC Card, so that my laptop has more processing power?

Participant

Considering the bandwidth of a PC card slot, I had figured out that fast processing through an expansion slot might not work. Just wanted to see if it was possible. I’ll see if I can get more research on disassembling and replacing a processor.

After working on a project with files imported from my hard disk camcorder, I was able to work while it was connected. Once I tried to open the project without no camera connection, I got a File Not Found error and redirected it to the copied video files on my computer. After saving and re-loading my project later, there were numerous changes, and a bunch of moved cuts on a bunch of clips. It seems that when I change the source of my files, my software (Cyberlink PowerDirector) starts to make incorrect changes and glitch when I save… could become a horror story if I’m not careful.

Participant

Do you have a firewire port on your computer? A firewire hdd should be more than adequate for your editing needs.

Participant

My Dell PC has a IEEE 1394 FireWire port (the type of FireWire that most DV Cameras use). I actually have a Maxtor 1TB external hardrive with a USB and two FireWire 400 slots. This Firewire, however, is a larger connection interface that does not fit the small port on my computer.

I’ve looked around for a Firewire 6-pin to 4-pin converter. Will the interface be the same as USB when I connect the hardrive using a converter cable?

Participant

Provided that your hdd also has a power cord, you can buy a firewire 400 6-pin to 4-pin cable for your harddrive.

The extra two pins on the 6-pin firewire connector are used for carrying power, not data.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap