Paranormal Activity

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I promise this is no April Fool’s joke – the date is coincidental. The video was actually shot on March 31, 2012. Apparently I left a camera running when I left for work. Approximately 10 minutes after I left the house there are cupboards slamming shut in the background. Not very quietly either – SLAMMING LOUD. And more than one time. Unfortunately the camera was pointed into the living room – but it is right next to the kitchen. I can’t see anything, but the audio does not lie. Don’t laugh at my messy and unorthodox editing bay!

Participant

Where were the “people around here” at the time?

Participant

Who are the “people around here”?

Participant

I am wondering if you actually turned the camera on in the first place. Whatever made those noises could have also turned the camera on.

Participant

The people around here who don’t know how to shut a light

Participant

Wife and son – I always come home to every light on. I installed timers for the lights to help save on the bill. Wife was already at work, and my parents were watching my son.

Participant

As for turning the camera on – I was using it shortly before this. We were notified last week our Landlord was going through forclosure by the association. She had stopped by and I told her I would be recording and conversation. There are many more issues beyond this forclosure that we have been dealing with so I am just trying to keep her honest, as she also tried to make us pay for a new water heater as the last one just rusted out – 12 years old – and apparently it was “our fault” and we have only been here a little over 2 years. It took her 10 days to replace it – and our water bill we just received was quadruple any other month. Many other issues besides this – just a little mini rant here.

Inactive

As a paranormal investigator myself, you have to first start looking at normal causes for something before moving in the direction of paranormal.

1. Is there another entrance into the kitchen area other than through your office?

2. Do you own an indoor cat? I used to live with a roommate whose cat would open and close the cabinet doors under the bathroom sink at all hours of the night and I would constantly hear this “thump thump” all night long.

3. You just had the water heater replaced. There may be air in the pipes causing the pipes in the wall to rattle against the walls causing the doors of the cabinet to pop open and closed quickly.

If the camera had been pointed in the kitchen area instead, it would have made things a bit clearer as to what possibly happened at that time.

Honestly though, unless it is my own camera taking the images, or experiencing the phenomena first hand, I could never say without a shadow of doubt that there is something paranormal happening.

I can’t tell you the number of “orb” photos that I’ve received, or photos of dark areas, or supposed “EVP’s” that people have captured. They ask us for confirmation on what they believe is happening. We’ll say “that’s interesting” but we cannot say that it is paranormal based upon what they’ve sent us. Evidence is too easy to contaminate or fake (look up Ghost Capture for the iPhone for an example, we’ve gotten plenty of these too!) The only way to determine anything is to actually do an all out investigation under circumstances that we have control over in order to make an intelligent determination of the evidence that we have collected.

My team is a member of the TAPS Family, currently the only one in the state of Arizona. I’ve met Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters, but don’t know them personally, however Paul Bradford from Ghost Hunters International is a good friend of mine and I’ve had the opportunity to work with him on a few projects as well as an investigation before he was even hired to be on GHI.

Participant

No other entrances. The “office” is the upstairs living room. No cats – only pet is a little budgie in a cage. The heater was replaced long enough ago to be a non issue, no air in the pipes. I wish I did have the camera pointed in the kitchen – but too late for that – I wasn’t planning on capturing anything. I have never been obsessed with capturing anything of this nature. I have never tried. All I have is what I have and purely unintentional – and loud.

Participant

Well to me it sounded like a window banging in the wind. But if you are genuinely mystified, then leave the camera on, in the kitchen.

Participant

I think I may have found some physical evidence this time around. I
    took my son to the grocery store while my wife was at work. I purposely
    turned on the camera this time so I could capture the kitchen, just in
    case. You be the judge! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxMa_Hv3PiY

Participant

For many years I was a lead investigator and official videographer for Tri-State Paranormal Research (http://www.tsprghosts.com) – also affiliated with TAPS (see photo here – Jason & Grant with Sue, Sharon & Ali).

In all those years (over 100 investigations) I can say that only one had something I witnessed that I would call interesting and none that had anything of interest captured on video.

As a rule, orbs are artifacts and I discount much of the audio I have heard (why is it not at least as clear as my speech). I would love to see some truly compelling video but what I have been shown is marginal at best and faked at the other end.

Just say I was a non-believer to start and progressed to the stage of skeptic.

Participant

I am not trying to force anyone to believe or make a big stink out of this. I think it is more entertaining. I know it is tough to prove or disprove variables to people who have not been in this house. Sure there was nothing spectacular to the normal viewer out there – and I am sure it could have been faked or at least replicated to seem fake. That I can never prove either. I just put up what I captured because I personally found it interesting, and personally cannot explain it.

Participant

For what it’s worth – and I am not trying to prove anything – but I
    recalled some situations here. We have been here 2.5 years. Multiple times a day I hear light switches being flipped. In fact I just heard another one just now typing the last sentence! I always just brushed it off, and when I brought it up to my wife yesterday, she knew exactly what I was talking about. She just never said anything either.
    About a month ago, I heard a normal sounding creaking noise like house settling or someone going down a hallway – stuff you hear all the time. IMMEDIATELY my son (from the kitchen) asks to see if I am sitting at the computer. I was. Then he tells me out of the corner of his eye he saw a tall black figure go up the stairs. I made him look me in the eye and tell me this to make sure he was not lying. I asked him again last night and I can pretty much tell you he is very convinced he saw something – as I always know when this kid is not being honest. My wife told me last week she was at the computer when she heard a loud grumbling voice from the kitchen. I was at work, and she went up to my son’s room (she thought he was pranking her) and he was very much asleep. Who knows?

Participant

nice.. was braced for the 2nd video… felt that one coming… πŸ™‚ as for 1st vid.. yea, that’s freaky.. i’ve often thought of filming in our house overnight as the previous owner died in the living room, but my wife would freak if anything showed up.. so haven’t done it.. πŸ™‚

Participant

I have a photo that was taken at Mt. Rushmore, at night, in 2009. I’ve seen orbs before on TV but never on my own photo’s. As far as I remember, there were no lights on the rockface, though there were huge spotlights on both sides of the stage. There appears to be a large orb in front of Pres. Washington and several small orbs nearby. How do I upload the photo from my computer?

Inactive

Orbs are 99.99% of the time just dust particles. Most newer digital cameras are small, and the flash is located close to the lens. When the flash goes off, it illuminates the dust particles in the air causing orbs.

A simple test to prove this: Set up your camera on a tripod and take a photo of a sofa or chair with a cushion on it. Go over the the sofa or chair and smack the cushion hard a few times then quickly take another photo. You should be picking up lots of orbs now.

Participant

If not dust, then water droplets, pollen, smoke, etc… Just my experience.

Participant

WTF? We are still discussing this crap! The first vid AT BEST was a setup…the second vid just set out to make me feel foolish (and by now I am hardened by this YT trick) and completely wrote off any feelings I had about the OP. In fact it completely made me wonder if the whole _thing_ was a setup, from start to finish, which on a serious discussion forum is pretty much chuck-up material.

Participant

I am sorry you feel this way. I have been a regular contributor of helpful information for nearly 3 years here. But thanks for the kind words!

Participant

sorry but maybe those that knew you were OK with this. I am just a new creep and see too many of what you posted with the nasty face on YT.

if the ongoing discussion about the paranormal is well…..normal….around here, then I will simply walk away. I came here to make videos,

But hey I do not get your angst. Just exactly what “do I feel” that makes you sorry? You post a vid that you say is “paranormal (????)”.

It is interesting.

Then you post a vid that takes piss, quite deliberately.

Then I keep reading stuff that seems to take the “paranormal” stuff as worth discussing.

Then I post the WTF post.

AFAICS you have made a “paranormal” joke (if not in the first post then DEFINITELY in the second), but stuff is STILL being discussed seriously.

If I am missing some inbuilt camaraderie then sorry

Participant

damn I like this forum!

reducing myself from this topic.

Participant

I understand my 2nd video really diminished what I was trying to get across in my first video. My intent was never to try and make a huge discovery announcement here that would end up on a ghost hunters type show. I was just sharing something I captured and personally found interesting. In reality I am sure that the first video could easily be replicated. It is very hard to prove all conditions to people who have not been in my house, and I get that. I added the 2nd video mainly for friends and family due to everyone originally thinking my first video was an April Fool’s joke. So I gave them something of “real” (April Fool’s)value. Then I posted it here as well. I understand it may have been a bad mix of the 2 intentions – but that first video probably wasn’t going very far anyhow.

Participant

I have a recurring activity which may relate to what’s happening in your video. I often hear voices in my kitchen and I swear that they are coming from the middle of the room. My parents have both passed away and the house used to belong to them. Some might be quick to connect the two but I will tell you with complete certainty that ghosts do not exist. Upon investigating this mystery I discovered that the voices were coming from outside through a small chimney above the stove (it’s an old house, no fan driven vent). Since you can’t see the cuboards slamming perhaps the sound is comingfrom outside and just sounds silmilar. Maybe

Participant

Is it possible that someone else came into your home such as a landlord or burglar or someone who had access but wasn't supposed to be there?  Though if this were a burglar, your camera equipment would be long gone.  Next time maybe set up the camera in the kitchen area under cover to catch whoever or whatever it is going through your cabinets.  

welcome

Participant

Too bad the cam was not on the kitchen.

My first though was a cat, but since you don't have one maybe some other animal in the house.

Something like a squirrel or large mouse would be terrified hiding but they come out when they know people are gone.

Cool though, definitely interesting.

I just peed my pants

• Viewing 25 reply threads

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap