Panny hvx200 ooh baby cam!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

After reading everything I can about this camera, I am drooling. I have a goal to upgrade to HD by the end of this year to beat the competition to the market when the bluray players become household appliances. Anyone have an opinion or been lucky enough to try (OWN 😯 ) one?

(Looks like about the best $5500 you can spend right now)

BTW here’s a great review of the camera with lots of pics:

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/HVX200/

Participant

I think its a great camera and has a lot of great feature, but to me its not worth it. For an 8gig P2 card it is around $2,000 and that will only get you about 20 minutes of video. I know you can record to tape too, but if were doing that I would go with an HDV camera. I have a HDR-FX1 that works great with fantastic quality and is about $2500 cheaper and about $13 for an hour of HDV footage. Thats just my opinion though.

Nick

Participant

Ahh yes but the hxv200 can do 1080/30p. (That 8G card will give you 8 minutes of record time with that setting!). I’m sure the price/size of cards will continue to get cheaper/bigger pretty quickly but yeah, that is one drawback.

Participant

Yes, the P2 cards will get bigger and more affordable, but probably not cheap enough for me to ever switch to that. Other than that it looks like a really good camera and will be really promising.

Nick

Participant

Now I think it’s only a matter of time before a third party company has a p2 compatible external 500 (or something) Gig HD to plug into the p2 ports. That then would be perfect!

Participant

Nice! I think this removes any possible reason not to want this camera! IMO.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap