Panasonic Gh2

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Anyone use this camera?

Any advantages over the Canon DSLR’s or are they about the same?

I will be using to shoot events, weddings, films. Any video limitations or issues I should be aware of?

I have been using this about 2 months now and love it for video.  I have ( and have scheduled ) shoots of unscripted meetings/dinners that can last two or three hours which is the GH2 is perfect for as it can continously record that amount of time.  Other DSLR’s have to stop after about 20 minutes which would risk losing the -big- moment that everyone recalls!

I use cineform neoScene as a part of my workflow and have been quite pleased with the results especially with 60i footage.  My preference is to use 24p in manual mode which gives me the best results. I use the 14-140 lens that came with the camera for run & gun shooting but when I use a tripod I perfer a prime lens ( I have some older FD canon lens that work great with a simple adaptor ).

As for still images I prefer the Raw + Jpeg option but almost always use on the raw images in my final work. 

Participant

Cool!

Would you happen to know if you can ingest the GH2 video files into iMovie or Final Cut Express?

VideoMarker:

Should be ok with iMovie11 – see this video shot with GH2 at 720/60 and imported into iMovie 11:

And see this thread:vimeo.com/groups/gh2/forumthread:243890

You’ll have to cut and paste the URL into your browser, since Videomaker thinks that every link with “vimeo” in it has to be a video πŸ™

Cheers,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Beautiful…thanks for sharing.

Is the Gh2 pretty good with depth of field, etc.?

Since you plan to shoot weddings, here is a good example:

Lots more examples at vimeo.com/groups/gh2/videos

Cheers,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Great stuff…thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap