Anonymous
      Inactive

Does the Panasonic AG DVC7 have 3CCD?

phillips719
      Participant

This one? No, it has a single 1/4″ ccd

blackout
      Participant

How is the resolution on that DVC7 cam is it a pretty clear pic ? I have a GS150 3ccd which has a good resolution but I”m thinking since the DVC7 is profressional I’m pretty sure it will be clearer.

also what are some plus and minuses to the DVC7 ?

Thanks

blackout
      Participant

cool , would you think the DVC resolution is better the GS150 3ccd

I’m thinking so since the DVC7 is considered professional

blackout
      Participant

does the cam have 16:9 option . and how much where you looking to sell your DVC7 for . I’m still in the market for profressional cam but sound like it may work what I’m doing for now . and upgrade again

Videoman
      Participant

I go with Hank on the fact that shoulder mount is super, but not just for dancing.
      There is nothing worse that having to do off the Tripod work – hand held is such a pain – especially if the camera is small.

I video tape “Youth orchestra” and “Big band” concerts that my son performs in and have two fixed camera and one on a dolly.
      It is surprising that the bigger and bulkier the camera- the more professional people think it is .
      I learnt very quickly that a good mic is very important. I am now multi mic, come back through a mixer then back into the cameras – dolly unit excepted
      I am busy experimenting with 5.1 sound. Like usual its new and I am playing around.

I went to Vanuatu late last year and came across a Sony professional camera. It was going real cheap $ 3,000 same model in OZ was $ 7,000
      Came so close to buying it. Stopped just in the nick of time – darn thing was that funny format – you know- what you Americans use – NTSC We use Pal in OZ. So it’s back to window shopping again.

blackout
      Participant

Do you think the resolution of the DVC7 ( 1/4 ccd ) resolution would be better than the GS150 3ccd camcorder.

I’ve been researching online and people were saying that the 1/4 ccd was a con – but I’m thinking its a professional Cam so it should still have good resolution – I would think better than the GS150 ( due to cost )

I currently have the GS150 and it shoots pretty good. But thinking of buying the DVC7 to get a clear pic ( if so )

I make dog videos w/ music videos

Thanks

blackout
      Participant

hank would you be able to send me a breif DVD of what the resolution is the DVC7 I’m thinking of buying one around tax time but want to see how it compares to my GS150 .

I’ve been reading reviews but don’t know the all the terminknowlogy. people were talking that a con is the 1/4″ ccd – but I’m thinking if its professional it should be pretty good ( I think alot of people that did the review were really professional I’m just going a dog dvd so better resolution than the gs150 would be better and with dogs the colors don’t neccessaily need to be more vibrirant

rjblackout@hotmail.com

blackout
      Participant

cool beans . I didn’t want a full fedge video just a lil 1-2 minute clip to see the resolution

well do you think the DVC7 would be a good upgrade to my gs150 3ccd . I was going to sell my gas150 but I think I’m going to run two camcorders

I’m working on a dog DVD which will have people in it for music videos and interview I’m working on

blackout
      Participant

yea I breed dogs and it shows other breeders how they look in person . Do you think that camcorder would be fine for this. ( I read some reviews and they said since its not 3ccd the colors won’t be as vibrant ) but as long as its clear and clearer than my (gs150 ) its all good with me since the colors don’t need to be so bright

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have been using the DVC7 for almost 2 years now. Following is an overview of my impressions.

Here is a mini DV camera that is “shoulder held”.
      This is the primary excuse for buying a camera like this, that and the fact it looks a little more impessive than a small handycam.

Lets start with what is wrong with this camera.

If you have a larger than average size head, you might find it difficult to look through the .5″ EVF as it does not slide far enough away from the camera body.

The viewfinder is color, not very sharp, and extremely small. .5″
      This is hard to get used to coming from a JVC DY5000 and an AG-450(which, by the way, is the camera this is replacing).
      Fortunatley, the camera has a 2.5″ flip out LCD that can be used, even when on your shoulder (even if it is a little close to your face).

The focus ring is comfortable and natural to work, but being electronic it might cause some frustration with those of us used to a real lens. The auto focus worked pretty well, even under low light.

If you get the optional case, be aware that it is pretty large and suit case styled. It doesn’t open up from the top to drop in the camera. It also doesn’t have a lot of nooks to hold the accessories without having them fall out when opening the case.

Here is what the camera offers:

Manual focusing (elecronic) on the lens
      Manual/auto/fixed (indoor,outdoor,flourecent) white balance
      Some manual iris control (in steps, not very practical)
      some manual audio level control (only within the menu system)
      Zoom/rec contol on handle (fixed zoom speed)
      Image stabilizer (electronic) …not really sure why one would need this for a shoulder cam.
      DV, S-VIDEO, RCA in and out

Now for image quality. The best way to desribe this is to think of this camera as a consumer handycam inside a shoulder held/pro looking shell. This is still a single chip 1/4″ ccd camera that will work in low light, but with significant grain.
      Many of the functions on the camera like the digital effects (sepia, mosaic, wipe etc)are consumer type features an event videographer may never use.

All I can say about this camera is, you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a truly pro camera this is not the camera to get. If you need a shoulder held, impressive styled camera, without a fantastic picture, this could work.

PS Comparing quality to sonys’ VX2100 – no contest……Sony.

Ezra

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have been using the DVC7 for almost 2 years now. Following is an overview of my impressions.

Here is a mini DV camera that is “shoulder held”.
      This is the primary excuse for buying a camera like this, that and the fact it looks a little more impessive than a small handycam.

Lets start with what is wrong with this camera.

If you have a larger than average size head, you might find it difficult to look through the .5″ EVF as it does not slide far enough away from the camera body.

The viewfinder is color, not very sharp, and extremely small. .5″
      This is hard to get used to coming from a JVC DY5000 and an AG-450(which, by the way, is the camera this is replacing).
      Fortunatley, the camera has a 2.5″ flip out LCD that can be used, even when on your shoulder (even if it is a little close to your face).

The focus ring is comfortable and natural to work, but being electronic it might cause some frustration with those of us used to a real lens. The auto focus worked pretty well, even under low light.

If you get the optional case, be aware that it is pretty large and suit case styled. It doesn’t open up from the top to drop in the camera. It also doesn’t have a lot of nooks to hold the accessories without having them fall out when opening the case.

Here is what the camera offers:

Manual focusing (elecronic) on the lens
      Manual/auto/fixed (indoor,outdoor,flourecent) white balance
      Some manual iris control (in steps, not very practical)
      some manual audio level control (only within the menu system)
      Zoom/rec contol on handle (fixed zoom speed)
      Image stabilizer (electronic) …not really sure why one would need this for a shoulder cam.
      DV, S-VIDEO, RCA in and out

Now for image quality. The best way to desribe this is to think of this camera as a consumer handycam inside a shoulder held/pro looking shell. This is still a single chip 1/4″ ccd camera that will work in low light, but with significant grain.
      Many of the functions on the camera like the digital effects (sepia, mosaic, wipe etc)are consumer type features an event videographer may never use.

All I can say about this camera is, you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a truly pro camera this is not the camera to get. If you need a shoulder held, impressive styled camera, without a fantastic picture, this could work.

PS Comparing quality to sonys’ VX2100 – no contest……Sony.

Ezra

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Other Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap