Panasonic ag-dvc 60 squeal

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Panasonic ag-dvc 60 bought new in June ’06. Using Panasonic 60 and 80 minute tapes (always in SP) to tape depositions. 2 weeks ago during a shoot using a 60 minute tape, the camera made loud squealing noises. Then the S Lock warning came on and the camera shut down. This happened a few times. Since then the camera has operated normally; till yesterday. At about an hour into each new tape the squealing starts, and the video continues to record fine. (The S lock warning only happens now if I put a new tape into to cartridge and shut the door too quickly.) I called the 800# in the manual and was told the 80 minute tapes caused a problem. But it happened when I was using a 60 minute tape and it says in the manual you "can use any dv tape".
      So is the sqeauling noise a camera problem? A tape problem? If it is the tape, has it damaged the camera?
      Thank you.

Inactive

Thank you for responding compusolver.
      I agree with you; it’s just that the camera started squealing while using the 60 minute tapes (and the 800# guy made other statements that were definately strange, like saying Panasonic didn’t make an ag-dvc60 model).
      So ultimately if using the 80’s caused a squealing problem, no matter what tape is being used, then there must be a problem with the camera now.
      Before I ship it off (I’m in MA and the nearest repair center is NY) I would like to know what that problem is and exactly how it was caused and any other quirks these cameras have.

Inactive

tee hee 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap