Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › PAL or NTSC, difference?
- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- April 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM #44253AnonymousInactive
I was thinking about buying a Sony NX5 in the US, but the thing is I’m living in Sweden. Would it cause me a lot of problems since we have PAL here?
- April 16, 2010 at 11:14 AM #185373RobParticipant
yea. you won’t be able to watch your finished video on anything. You may be able to edit since a lot of programs can edit PAL and NTSC, but you won’t be able to view your video on an external monitor unless you have an NTSC monitor.
- April 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM #185374AnonymousInactive
Yeah, that’s what I wasafraidof. Haha, maybe I just buy the PAL version here then..even though it’s 3000 dollars more expensive..haha
- April 16, 2010 at 5:35 PM #185375RobParticipant
Where are you looking to order from? That sounds fishy…you shouldn’t be charged $3000 more just to get PAL.
- April 16, 2010 at 9:37 PM #185376XTR-91Participant
You should be able to edit the NTSC (30/60 frames) into PAL (25/50) without a notable difference. Since Sony most likely has less volume in Europe, they like slapping the name “PAL” on, but I’ve never heard of someone jacking the price up by $3,000 for probably just a slight change in firmware.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.