PAL or NTSC, difference?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I was thinking about buying a Sony NX5 in the US, but the thing is I’m living in Sweden. Would it cause me a lot of problems since we have PAL here?

Participant

yea. you won’t be able to watch your finished video on anything. You may be able to edit since a lot of programs can edit PAL and NTSC, but you won’t be able to view your video on an external monitor unless you have an NTSC monitor.

Inactive

Yeah, that’s what I wasafraidof. Haha, maybe I just buy the PAL version here then..even though it’s 3000 dollars more expensive..haha

Participant

Where are you looking to order from? That sounds fishy…you shouldn’t be charged $3000 more just to get PAL.

Participant

You should be able to edit the NTSC (30/60 frames) into PAL (25/50) without a notable difference. Since Sony most likely has less volume in Europe, they like slapping the name “PAL” on, but I’ve never heard of someone jacking the price up by $3,000 for probably just a slight change in firmware.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap