Other $$$ ideas

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

In this forum pretty much all I see is how to make money filming weddings, and also a resort idea.

There has to be many more ways of making good money with this skill.

For instance I have a friend who makes Skydiving videos for people. He jumps out with them and films everything they do with his headcam and then edits them later for 100 bucks a pop in about 2 hours.

Anyone know of other means of making money?

Inactive

I used to film theatre shows and dance recitals for money… those parents love to buy copies, even if they filmed it themselves. Another smaller gig is piano recitals/band concerts: if your camera has good enough audio, you can also offer a CD with the video.

I had a hard time at first breaking in to some of the schools and theatre troops, but I started offering to sell the DVDs for $15, $3-5 of it going to the organization itself (as a fund raiser) and I couldn’t stop the jobs from coming in!

Inactive

TheThurbs Wrote:

I used to film theatre shows and dance recitals for money… those parents love to buy copies, even if they filmed it themselves. Another smaller gig is piano recitals/band concerts: if your camera has good enough audio, you can also offer a CD with the video.

I had a hard time at first breaking in to some of the schools and theatre troops, but I started offering to sell the DVDs for $15, $3-5 of it going to the organization itself (as a fund raiser) and I couldn’t stop the jobs from coming in!

If you do this, you want to be sure that they purchase the rights to record the show.

Inactive

so….they have to sign a disclaimer or something to buy a copy of your cd? or do you mean that you need to make a disclaimer for yourself to record it and sell it?

There are endless ways to make money producing videos. Here are just a few:

1. Television Commercials

2. Training Videos

3. Marketing/Sales Videos

4. Sports Highlight Reels (College Scholarship Videos)

5. Birthday Videos

6. Real Estate Video Tours

7. Videotaping/Editing Meetings and Seminars

8. Triathlons, Marathons

9. Lobby Loop Videos, Trade Show Loop Videos

10. Family History Videos

Some of these require more skill/experience than others but a lot of money can be made in any/all of the categories.

Participant

I just started doing memorial videos for a local funeral home. A few interview-style shots of family members talking about the deceased, telling stories, etc. edited together with old family photos Ken Burns-style. I’m working on getting more funeral homes. Easy and lucrative.

Inactive

as far as band concerts, chorus etc., they are perfoming copyrighted music, and you cannot profit from recording those perfomances without having purchased the rights to record those performances.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap