Opteka – worth a purchase?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I was going through Amazon when I hit upon an $80 wide angle lens from Opteka

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IJXAAA/ref=wl_it_dp/103-7238400-3015865?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2QNGZ9WGWB8A1&colid=33OCDWZT7SDWW

Is this a reliable brand? Or is this going to disappoint me? I know, being cheaper, that it probably may not be brand-name quality, but will it do the job when it comes to shooting in tight spaces? Thanks.

Inactive

I thought I had heard of all the lens makers, but this proves I haven’t. Never heard of Opteka. The description of the product (low-dispersion glass, anti-reflection coating on each surface) sounds great! They do have a web page… that’s good. But their web page gives no clue as to where they are; not even what country. And the price seems almost too good to be true. These things make me a bit uneasy. I tried searching for Opteka products on the B&H website, and found nothing. Sounds like this is a bit of a crap shoot. It’s probably fine for playing around with home movies, but if you want it for something more serious, it’s a bit of a gamble.

My 3 cents worth πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap