opinions please

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

im no professional, but im steadily making a name for myself doing promo videos, commercials, etc.. for various music artist in the area. ive been doing all this with a sony handycam. iv e been asked to film parties and weddings but i cant bring myself to do it with that lil camera! i also want to do music videos, small comedic skits, and documentaries. my question is which camera should i buy? the pan. AG-HMC40 or the pan. AG_HMC70AVC (i choose that one because i think customers would respect a bigger camera). any opinions would be greatly appreciated

vantucker
      Participant

If you are in the $1,800 price-range I would get a Canon 7D DSLR camera. Check out http://www.redrockmicro.com/dslr/index.html for rigs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

oh no im looking for a video camera

vantucker
      Participant

The 7D is an amazing video camera with it being used forcommercials, music videos, documentaries and maybe a futureLucasfilm.

http://vimeo.com/8100091

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m not a professional either. But I am planning on purchasing the AG HMC 150 Panasonic camcorder. I’d like to start a hobby with this camera taking family shots and school projects for my wife’s preschool.

For movie software, I do have Pinnacle movie software that I’ll be using for my projects. I wish they had a video tutorial on how to use the AG HMC 150 and a video tutorial for beginners.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.