Opening still screen – bad quality – please help

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Opening still screen – bad quality – please help

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Premiere Pro 7.0 – dual core and lots of memory – photoshop 7.

I created a graphic/text file in photoshop and saved it, 720×534, in photoshop format then imported it into Premiere…does not even look as good as in photoshop….what am I doing wrong?

Inactive

I suspect its your version of Premiere Pro 7.0 since the most recent version of Pro released is 2.0.

Aside from that, did you render the image? Premiere uses a reduced resolution until its rendered.

Inactive

I’m going to buy that latest version later this week if that is the issue…and yes to rendered….this is for a PI client of mine that uses this for every video they do for their clients….so they add video to it and modify/add text to this file for each video they do.

Inactive

nobody40

Im using Premiere Pro 2.0 so Im not sure if this will apply but this is what I think..

its a still picture so it should be alright but you might try changing the size to 720 x 480 or you will either have to crop it or Premiere may be "rescaling it automatically". (theres an option for that – in 2.0)

Inactive

I have tried that too….very strange situation….I can e-mail you the file I’m using if that helps.

Inactive

nobody40

… this is a long shot but I ran into a situation where stills captured from a timeline were shaky in PP2.0.

Compusolver on this forum came up with right clicking the picture, going into "feild options" then clicking "deinterlace" and "anti flicker" – this fixed the pics that were created from the timeline then reimported as stills. I dont know if that would help in your case where the pic was created in PS.

also dont know if 7.0 has that deinterlace option?

Inactive

Already tried that and that is not the issue….the image not being clear is the issue…no shaking so far.

Inactive

Does Premiere shrink an image? If I create it at 720 X 480 is what the size that’s displayed? Maybe I have a shrinking issue?

Inactive

720×534 sounds like a PAL size – maybe you had photoshop or your editor set to PAL as opposed to NTSC – check settings for those.

when you start a project in 2.0, it asks you what settings you want (Pal, NTSC sizes etc) if your settings are in NTSC and you import your pic larger than that, then premiere will either resize it* or you might have to crop it.

* [there is a setting in 2.0 where you can tell the program to resize the asset to fit the project.]

in 2.0 you can click the program monitor and size the pic (or video) as needed just like a still photo

let me know how you make out.

Inactive

Just tried that and I still have the same results.

Inactive

It looks like premiere is not importing the full image size…should I change the image size?

Inactive

absolutely! try it!

Inactive

Another "guess". Does the picture file have a color profile embedded in it? I use Premiere 6.5 which would ignore the profile. I don’t know if your version of Premiere can read it if it exists. By the way, are you using Premiere Elements 7.0 or Premiere Pro?

You said your importing the picture in the Photoshop format, right? Its not a JPEG?

Inactive

Premiere Pro and yes in photoshop format not jpeg.

Inactive

"photoshop format not jpeg"

why not save it as a Jpeg? You can stil save your PS file for suture changes if need be. I bet the Jepg format would give you lots less grief.

Inactive

I’ve went from 72 to 150 to 300 and still the same problem….Can you download this file and see what you can do with it…thanks

http://www.914studiogroup.com/openingtitle.psd

Inactive

OK upgrading premiere did the trick….thanks for all your help.

Inactive

Now does anyone know how to customize the opening screen for premiere? I’m talking about when you turn the program on and the graphic that is in the center of your monitor while it’s loading.

Inactive

nobody40

that first screen that comes up lists the last projects you were working on. I like it cause you can click and load the any of the last projects without having to look for them. If you havent done any projects, then yours will have nothing to list. I would leave it there till you do a few projects, to give it a chance.

If you really dont want it you can go to the Edit menu then go to "preferances". I beleive you can either modify it or get rid of it all together.

..do we get a commission on selling you on the upgrage? πŸ˜‰

Inactive

lol..call Adobe and ask them….lol

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap