One Pass or Two Passes? (export)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I know that a second pass in export gives better compression but my question is as follows:

Where I work, we do one pass at export. I assume that this is just to save time.
      My question is, does a second pass ONLY help compression or does it give better quality to the final export?

What do you guys do? 1 or 2 passes?

Inactive

Great question. I hope someone know the answer ’cause I’d like to know this one myself. I supposed tests would be the only way to find out.

Inactive

think of the first pass as an analytical pass, checking the data to determine bit rates for sections of video, the second pass is the actual render process.

John

That’s true but the question still stands… when doing 1 pass… so the render happens on the first pass and the question was if the quality is still the same.

Inactive

if you are doing 1 pass, you have to guess at the optimum bit rate, so yes there could be a difference in quality, file size, etc…… 2 pass is a bit more analytical, and could yield you marginally better results overall.

John

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap