On Video format conversion

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Ive been trying to get a good quality video by doing the following steps:

1) Decoding VOB files to AVI
      at this step, the image seems deformed. Its taller than what I see on my camera, making everything look like stretched up.

2) Editing on Premiere
      at this point, the video is still stretched, but I edit it anyway, hoping the image will get back to its original dimension

3) Rendering
      yes, the video is still stretched at the end of rendering

4) Burning to VCD
      I will use some software to burn the video to CD. I am researching the options.

My question is, will the image get back to the original width to height ratio after I burn the VCD?

Inactive

doubt it.

Inactive

Why would you want to burn VCDs?

Inactive

svhs Wrote:

Why would you want to burn VCDs?

Because I do not have a DVD burner, only CD burner.

Inactive

Now I got it. But what about DivX, Xvid etc? they’re better formats in terms of video quality and file sizes…

Inactive

svhs Wrote:

Now I got it. But what about DivX, Xvid etc? they’re better formats in terms of video quality and file sizes…

Yes, I am using DivX. The image on my computer is streched, even after I run the program I found, which happens to be Auto Gordian Knot.

I use the term VCD for any CD that contains or will contain a video. Maybe I am wrong to call it VCD, but thats what I learned so far about video editing.

So, any advice about how to have my video width to length ratio back to the value it was in the original video?

Inactive

virtualvideomaker Wrote:

I use the term VCD for any CD that contains or will contain a video. Maybe I am wrong to call it VCD, but thats what I learned so far about video editing.

It is wrong. You make confusions. VCD is the specially authored video disc containing video files encoded in MPEG-1, with 352×288 (PAL) or 352×240 (NTSC) resolution.

Inactive

svhs Wrote:

virtualvideomaker Wrote:

It is wrong. You make confusions. VCD is the specially authored video disc containing video files encoded in MPEG-1, with 352×288 (PAL) or 352×240 (NTSC) resolution.

What do you mean by SPECIALLY AUTHORED VIDEO DISC?
      What kind of midia is used to record it?

Inactive

What I meant was that you can’t just render a MPEG-1 video file and burn it to a CD-R and that’ll make it a VideoCD (VCD), VCD authoring is very similar to DVD authoring (and done by specialized software) and includes the conversion of the video file in .dat format etc. so that the disc can be read by DVD players (standalone or PC) and PC’s.
      This format is particularly useful because it can be read correctly on any computer, even Pentium I, with Windows or Linux, and Mac altogether and doesn’t require codecs. But in terms of video quality, it sucks, to say the least.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap