On Camera LCD monitor connection?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jgaertner
      Participant

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to connect a 7″ LCD on camera monitor to my Sony DCR-TRV17 camera. There are a couple LCD monitors available on EBay (one source0 but they are not too clear on the hook up mechanism. Most seem to have the standard RCA cables out. I do not have a RCA connection on my camera, only the i.LINk and small, single mail plug Audio/Video plug connection. I can see in my camera manual you can get an adapter for RCA to this small video connector. But the manual only says to use that for dubbing a tap to a VCR?

Any ideas, helpful suggestions?

jgaertner
      Participant

OK, Thanks for the reply. I will either try and find that cable if I received it when I bought the camera, or try and buy one, new. What LCD monitor did you purchase, if you do mind me asking? And are you happy with it?

XTR-91
      Participant

The quality in clarity from an LCD screen normally goes on par with the resolution. Generally speaking, that’s all that defines the physical clarity. If it’s a seven inch monitor, then a 720×480 resolution will be good.

I don’t have a second LCD monitor, as I think they’re too big and clunky to carry around with my generality – run n’gun

jgaertner
      Participant

Is there any chance you have a part number for that RCA to AV cable? It is shown in my manual but no indication as to whether it is an accessory? I bought my camera on EBay, so I am not sure whether I recieve everything that came with the camera new?

John

D0n
      Participant

did my reply get censored?

I thought I posted an answer…

EarlC

You did, Don. Please accept my apology. There were two identical threads posted by John and in my attempt to transfer the answers for one to the other here, I inadvertently performed a radical human error. I am sorry, and had no intention of eliminating or censoring you or XTR’s other responses. I promise to never do that again, well to try to never do it again anyway. Earl

D0n
      Participant

Earl, apology accepted. Even though it wasn’t really needed. Little error, no big deal. I was confused is all.

Thought maybe I’m losing my memory there! lol!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN