Ok, here’s a “stumper” for yall!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Ok, here’s my problem, I’m using an older version of Pinnacle (Studio DV ver. 7). Now wait a min, it works pretty good, capture,edit and output back to DV tape! Now, here’s where it gets interesting….after the finished video is back onto DV tape, I take my camera (Sony TRV17) and hook it into the a/v jacks on the front of my DVD/VHS combo. Then, push play on the camera, and OTR button for the DVD recorder, the tape starts playing, and ya can see it on the tv, but then I get a error code stating the the video can not be copied (or something to that effect!) What gives guys? Why can’t I simply record a DVD straight from the camcorder? Any suggestions on how I can get the finsihed video from the DV tape, and put it on a DVD?

Inactive

Well, looks like my question stumed 65 people? lol

Inactive

X-D If you get no answer, maybe you’re asking the wrong question… X-D

Inactive

Mudhole Wrote:

Any suggestions on how I can get the finsihed video from the DV tape, and put it on a DVD?

Can’t you just use Studio to capture your DV tape, like you’re already doing, then edit, then use Studio to burn it to DVD? Or am I misunderstanding your question? Does your version of Studio not burn DVD? I use Studio 9, and burn to DVD is one of the output options. It was also an option in Studio 8, but I’m not sure about older versions of Studio.

Participant

You can’t record a DVD straight from a camcorder…

Oh, you have a DVD recorder…

Hm… maybe it has something to do with the inputs being messed up?

Inactive

It may be that your DVD/VHS combo will recognize the VHS format, and does not recognize the DV tape format. Transfer the DV tape to VHS and then see if that works.

Inactive

A couple of thoughts… The OTR doesn’t function for external inputs or the DV format has something to do with it. Did you output audio in 16bit? Maybe there is a recognition problem with that- try 12bit audio.(fire-wire input) If you are using analog video cables and the monitored signal is good, concentrate on the DVD recorder settings. Make sure the disc in the recorder is a new one, disable the DVD recorder’s access and disc lock features. Cables can do strange things, so don’t eliminate them. Once a disc has something recorded on it- say in SP mode, you can’t change the record mode for that disc. DVD work has yet to prove to be an exact science.

Participant

Mudhole Wrote:

Well, looks like my question stumed 65 people? lol

Your DVD recorder thinks that DV is coming from a copy protected DVD, thus triggering the Congressionally-mandated copy-inhibit feature.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap