OK, here I go. Basic questions help on VP9, please!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing OK, here I go. Basic questions help on VP9, please!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone.

OK, I’m notdone learning, butI need to uploada few short videos to YouTube and Vimeo in HD/H.264 by tomorrow night, and then embed themon my website. I have some training DVD’s by VASST and COD, but I am out of time, so ready or not, here I go. Can anyone please help me set the right project properties in Sony Vegas Pro 9?

I recorded some footage on a Canon HF S10 in AVCHD at 30p, and converted it to .avi using Cineform NeoScene, so the files will be .avi.Data storage is on D:\. I’m pretty sure my machine can cut it (CoreDuo Quad at 3.0 GHz, 8GB RAM, 4GB ReadyBoost RAM,GTX 260, Vista x64 Ultimate, C:\ and D:\ in RAID 0, with external backups). My NLE is Vegas Pro 9 x32 (because Cineform x64 for VPro9 is still in Beta). At the moment I just need help setting the Project Properties.

I opened a new project. In Project Properties, I have selected:

VIDEO TAB:

Template: Custom (1920 x 1080, 29.970 fps)

Field Order: None (progressive scan)

Frame Rate: 29.970

Pixel format: I have a choice of 8-bit, 32-bit floating point (video levels) or 32-bit floating point (full range). Which do Ichoose/select? For the moment I put 32-bit floating point (full range), because that sounded like the best quality.

For Compositing Gamma do I want 1.000 (Linear) or 2.222 (Video)? Default was 1.000, so I left it there.

Full-resolution rendering quality I set to ‘best’.

De-interlace method I set to ‘None’.

Do I check “Adjust source media to better match project or render settings”?

For the Prerendered Files Folder, VPro suggests: C:\Users\Video\AppData\Local\Sony\VegasPro\9.0\. Do I leave it there? Or should I create a similar folder on D:\ [Data] and use that? At the moment I just left it where it is.

AUDIO TAB:

I just left Master Bus Mode in Stereo (even though it will be mono/single microphone), 44,100 Hz, 16 bit. Sample and re-stretch quality I set to ‘best.’

VPro gives me a default’Recorded Files Folder’ as C:\Users\Video [computer name]\Documents. Do I leave it here, or create a folder on D:\?

I mustpost by tomorrow night. Any advice or suggestions you could give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Norman

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap