NTSC COMPATIBLE SCREEN CAPTURE SOFTWARE

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing NTSC COMPATIBLE SCREEN CAPTURE SOFTWARE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a client that I am doing a software demo video for. They are recording the screen captures in Camtasia Studio and we are setting up a story in the video, showing the software demo screens and doing a voice over. I am dropping the .avis from Camtasia and the voiceovers and other footage into a Premiere Pro 2.0 timeline. But, the .avis that my client is sending me, (and any test ones I do), render and come out of Premiere Pro with very bad quality. It seems Premiere is doing something to them. Even though I import an uncompressed .avi from Camtasia into Premiere and export from Premiere an uncompressed .avi, the quality is still poor.

Adobe think that it’s becuase Camtasia dos not throw out a truly NTSC compatible AVI, (and the custom settings won’t match exactly). Therefore, it is trying to render the image best it knows how.

I wondered if anyone knows of a screen capture program like Camtasia that will actually produce an AVI compatible with NTSC that I can throw in a timeline and will look good quality.

Any insights anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Inactive

Not knowing too much about this, I think I can at least steer you in the right direction.

I read about this a while ago and if my memory serves me correctly, it has to do with the codec that Camtasia uses when creating the avi. file. I actually had to go to their web site (to many Bud Lights) to look it up and they use a codec called “TSCC”. If one computer composes that AVI file and then another computer tries to open it, unless that computer has that “TSCC” codec it will look all messed up.

Go to their and you might fine more info.
    http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

The link below however takes you to where I think you might find an answer.

http://techsmith.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/techsmith.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=154&p_created=1104264463&p_sid=-8NF1G

Inactive

Thanks for the link. I did actually have the TSCC on both machines and still got the problem.

I cannot seem to find anyone who has needed to do a software demo, record it with Camtasia studio, and then put it in a timeline in a video editor with no loss of quality. Camtasia does not seem to have a setting that is optimized for NTSC.

Inactive

Hummm,

Then it could be two other possibilities. Maybe it has to do with the resolutions being used. Their website was talking about resolutions and how the apply and affect playback.

<OR>

It has to do with conforming that avi file into the two seperate fields needed for creating your NTSC formatted video.

I’m sure there has to be a workaround available. Maybe contact their tech support and they could set you up.

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
    homicide-bootstrap