NTSC and PAL

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I work in the US (using NTSC). However, I will be getting some video footage from the UK (which uses PAL). I’m not sure yet what equipment they will be using, as they will most likely be renting it (although I will be trying to get them to use mini DV tapes). When I import the footage into my NLE (Premiere CS 5.5), will there be any problems, or is there anything I should look out for?
      Thanks

Participant

I should mention that the production I’m working on will also be using footage I’m shooting here, and everything will be in HDV.

Inactive

I cant see there being a problem. I am in Australia and our standard is also PAL but I have imported NTSC footage into projects before without any issues. Should mention I also use Premier Pro CS5.5. If you did come across some problem you could always export a copy of the footage as NTSC and then import it into your project.

Participant

I’m a little jealous of you PAL people. 25 fps, higher resolution over the years… πŸ™‚

When I worked in TV news we had a nickname for NTSC – Never Twice Same Color. πŸ™

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap