Not happy with Architect

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey Guys,

I’m new to all of this…blogs, chats, AND video. So bear with me on this first attempt.

I have a Sony HD Camcorder, Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0d, Sony DVD Architect 4.5c, and a Sony HD 1080i tv.

I love Vegas, it’s straight forward and a lot of fun. And here comes my problem. When I am forced to Architect to burn my CD the quality goes in the tank. It’s like the video has speed up and is no longer in sync. I would love to be able to burn right out of Vegas, the movie is perfect there.

Any suggestions would be great. I will be more than happy to provide more detail if necessary.

Thanks,

Andi

Participant

I believe you canburna DVDstraight off the Vegas timeline. I think I heard this was one of the new Wow features of Vegas 8. Maybe that was just the Pro version of Vegas. Not sure about Studio Platinum.

To burn a DVD with DVD Architect, here’s some things to keep in mind.

1. Render your video out of Vegas as an MPEG-2 file. This is the only format that works for burning DVDs as far as I know, and definitely when it comes to DVD A. Also make sure you aren’t rendering out as a video stream, because there will be no audio if you do that.

2. Make sure you’re burning to a DVD, NOT a CD. Some people use these terms interchangeably, but there is a difference! CDs are for audio/music, DVDs are for video/movies. Buy a pack that says “DVD” at the store for best results. You might laugh, but some people don’t know this.

Inactive

hey, i use veags too! (just the pro 8 version)

o jus checked and it seem that u cant burn a DVD. but u can burn a VCD with it. go to tools, burn disc, burn Video CD (VCD)…just make sure your dvd player can play vcd!

Participant

Couple of questions:

1) How new is your DVD player? Newer ones will upconvert a standard DVD (720 X 480 @ 29.97i) to look better on a HD TV. Older players don’t do this.

2) Are you burning the DVD properly? If you’re shooting in HD I will assume it’s 16:9 so are you a) rendering out an MPEG-2 stream as a SD Widescreen project and b) burning it as the same?

It also might behoove you to get a BluRay writer (about $400 from Newegg.com) which will allow Vegas Pro 8 or DVD Architect Pro 5 to author truly HD BluRay discs. This is not an option from the Movie Studio versions however, but since you’ve laid out a bundle on HD equipment already, what’s another few hundred and the software is well worth it (Videoguys.com has a great deal for Vegas Pro 8 plus VASST’s DVD training for $400 – http://www.videoguys.com/vegaspro8.html).

Inactive

Let’s start with what are you really doing. Are you actually buring your video to CD’s and not DVD’s? I use DVD Architect 3.0b and after a pretty exhaustive search, I can’t use it to burn a video CD. But I do burn VCD’s using MyDVD (now owned by Roxio) and it works great. But a VCD does look like crap compared to DVD video. Which is to be expected, the MPG1 video has a much, much lower bit rate. But I could burn to the smaller CD’s and mail them to family in a regular envelope for normal postage. And to be honest, my family couldn’t tell the difference.

Now if I assume you just accidentally typed CD instead of DVD, then here’s some things to check out. First of all, render your file to a 16:9 SD AVI file and play it with your Windows Media Player. Assuming it plays at the right speed and in synch, open DVD Architect and import the file as media then burn it to your DVD. You could also try the same thing from an HD file (render, watch & import)to see what happens there. I’m guessing your main problem lies in the translation from HD to SD video. And if that is the case, then if you set your project properties in Vegas to 16:9 SD video, then Vegas will deal with codecs & re-compression. And I find I get better quality on my DVD’s by rendering to AVI then setting the compression using DVD Architect.

Good luck & let us know if anything we’ve mentioned helps.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap