noob to HD have a few questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

i looked in the search for info on this question and couldn’t find anything as specific as i wanted……. i’m looking into buying the sony hdr-sr1 high def hard disk drive camera. i was wondering what the editing is like with this, i know a while back there were not many programs out to handle the format, or so i heard. anyway, what program is used to edit the format this camera puts out and what is the format? (MPEG 2?) also, when burning to a dvd, do you have to have a high def dvd burner to burn high def onto a disk? if i’m gonna purchase a HD camera i wanna be able to burn onto a dvd in HD obviously. also, i was looking at the hdr-sr100, which they have now replaced with new models, however, i figure if i can spend 3 or 400$ more and get HD, i think that would be worth it? am i correct in this? i don’t have a business or anything, just like to create home videos of high quality. thanks a lot in advance

Inactive

isuguy,

what program is used to edit the format this camera puts out and what is the format?

-Editing is difficult at this time. Your favorite companies are gearing up to help you out, but for now you’ll have to check this out:

http://www.jakeludington.com/camcorder/20070118_how_to_edit_avchd_m2ts_files_from_sony_hdrsr1_camcorders.html/

do you have to have a high def dvd burner to burn high def onto a disk?

-No, you can burn your high definition AVI file or QuickTime file. This allows you to take your footage with you, and makes for an OK backup, but it won’t play in your living room.

i figure if i can spend 3 or 400$ more and get HD, i think that would be worth it? am i correct in this?

-If editing is a large part of how you make high quality home videos, I’d go with a format that you can enjoy working and editing with.

-andrew at videomaker

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap