Newby question about transferring assets to computer from tape

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Professional Camcorders Newby question about transferring assets to computer from tape

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have the Panasonic DVX100b and I have it connected to the computer just fine. I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 I know it is probably a simple thing, but I don’t know how/where in Premiere Pro to effect the transfer.

Could you please offer any quick ideas? I know it should be really simple

Participant

Once connected via the firewire cable, turn on the camera and go to File > Capture.  A new window will pop-up with the controls to log and capture your footage.

Participant

Thanks, Kenkyusha – I did finally figure this out. I was on that path. What I hadn’t done was to set my camera to VCR and then to actually hit the record button in Premiere Pro. After I tell Premiere where to save the file, it is then recorded and digitized into my computer. YEAH!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap