Newbie…Very Green w/gopro

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all new here, and to the world of video and editing. I recently got a GoPro hero2 and am having a hard time with editing. No so much editing but more with formats. I am using “Windows Movie Maker” and from what research I could do I also downloaded Format Factory. I have learned how to use movie maker, but I am having an issue with playback on my videos being blotchy and pixelated. Is there a certain format I should be coverting to? I am so dumb at this its not even funny, please be nice.

Participant

Jeff: You’re NOT dumb! Ignorance isn’t dumbness.

Welcome to the wonderful world of hi def video, one of the most opaque subjects known to man or woman. Before anyone on the forum can help we’ll need some information. What kind of files are you importing from your camera? What kind of files are you trying to export?

Does everything look o.k. when previewed from the timeline?

Give us all as much information as possible and I’m sure one of the forum members can help you come up with a solution to the problem. Don’t despair.

Jack

Participant

Jeff,

GoPro’s shoot in MP4 video format.  You’ll need an editing program that excepts MP4 formats.  Being new to this I’d suggest Pinnacle Studio 15HD or Avid Studio.  These are very user friendly and are MP4 compatible.

Inactive

Yes they record in mp4 from what I understand. I generaly load the vids in Windows MM and edit, once saved I read to use format factory to convert the vid back to an mp4 format. Usually in the timeline it looks, I notice the bad picture after the conersion. 

Are these programs free of charge?

Participant

No but they are under $200.00

http://www.amazon.com/AVID-8210-30008-01-Avid-Studio/dp/B004TRP7JY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326679979&sr=8-1

Inactive
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap