newbie with editing questions

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently was approached by a friend and asked to help record a large event for her and she wants it made into a DVD. I used two cams to record the one event. Everything went fine there, but now I have to make the DVD and I am looking for suggestions.

The event had some singing and mostly dancing and other active things like that. I want to be able to edit the video such that I can switch from one cam to the other. I am not sure how I am going to match the video and audio perfectly when I switch. I have already talked to some people here and there. Most people say to use either Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere Pro. I was looking at Adobe Premiere Elements, but I dont think that can handle multicam.

What I had planned was to capture with "windv.exe" or Adobe and do all the editing with Adobe. As of now, I am downloading the tryout version of Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and I am hoping it doesnt leave out some of the good stuff. Also, a lot of my friends tell me that adobe is hard as hell to use and that it is probably not the best application for such a simple thing I am trying to do and probably too hard for a beginning like me.

I am just looking for some feedback here.
      Thanks

Inactive

I do two camera shoots and edits for all events. Ideally, a live switcher would save time, but you’re screwed if it’s not perfect. I load both cameras tapes into the Applied-Magic editor(real time capture) and drop A camera and B cameras footage onto the storyboard with the A/B roll transition between them. Next, find a visual or audio frame common to both A and B to synch to. Once you have a common synch point, you can play the footage and do a "live A/B switch, or shuttle to the next transition point and do the switch. You can go back and fix mistakes or change the transition properties. When you are happy with the A/B roll points, simply select generate.(about 5 or 10 seconds to generate) This replaces the two original footage clips with a new storyboard layout showing all the consectutive A and B clips with the transitions between them. Drop bars, some black, titles, and your done. There isn’t any rendering, so it’s ready to master out to the DVD. Way easy!

Participant

Bai,

I have the perfect solution for your multicam editing problem. I have an easy to use NLE for sale with point and click speed for multi-cam edits.
      Contact Joel Brooks at: 817-771-8347 or joel_brooks_113@hotmail.com

Inactive

I’m not sure how much money you want to spend on editing software but Avid Liquid has a REALLY cool multicam feature. Here is a link to a demo of how it is done….

mms://video.pinnaclesys.com/PBN/movies/Multicam.wmv

Mark

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap