Newbie – (Please help!)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello all,

I have been into video editing for quite some time (I’ve edited 25 – 30 personal music videos for family and friends), and I would like to start shooting weddings for business. A few questions I was hoping some of you could help meout with-

I currently have a Sony HDR HC3, a high end consumer level camera. I dont know a whole lot about Cameras, but I do know that it is minidvd format. In order to put out a quality professional product, Is it absoultely essential to upgrade to a 3ccd prosumer level Camera? Im guessing my best bet would be get a 3ccd camera, and use my sony as a second device.

Also, the only editing software I have ever used is Video Explosion Deluxe. I know its an amateur, consumer level program, but aside from not being able to create a “menu” on the DVD, it does absolutely everything I have ever needed, and Ive been able to create some fascinating videos. How important is it to upgrade here, considering my ultimate goalisto charge 4 – 6 hundred dollars for a project? (I realize I will need to shoot a few freebies to help learn the system and and learn from my mistakes), Ive tried the Sony Vegas and I absolutely hate it, and Ifcurrently do not have the funds to spend 500 bucks on a high end program.

thanks for any advise or answers!

brad

Inactive

you camera should be ok, it’s hdv, gonna have good resolution there. As far as quality, I guess that depends on how you shoot. I am sorry you didn’t like vegas, maybe you didn’t spend enough time learning it. I absolutely love Vegas, it does everything I need it to without lockups and failures. Most NLE’s have there ‘studio’ versions available for relatively inexpensive prices. I would really look into a package that gives you the ability to do things like color correction, compositing, audio correction, dvd authoring in order to get better results than amateur programs will give.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap