Newbie – (Please help!)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello all,

I have been into video editing for quite some time (I’ve edited 25 – 30 personal music videos for family and friends), and I would like to start shooting weddings for business. A few questions I was hoping some of you could help meout with-

I currently have a Sony HDR HC3, a high end consumer level camera. I dont know a whole lot about Cameras, but I do know that it is minidvd format. In order to put out a quality professional product, Is it absoultely essential to upgrade to a 3ccd prosumer level Camera? Im guessing my best bet would be get a 3ccd camera, and use my sony as a second device.

Also, the only editing software I have ever used is Video Explosion Deluxe. I know its an amateur, consumer level program, but aside from not being able to create a “menu” on the DVD, it does absolutely everything I have ever needed, and Ive been able to create some fascinating videos. How important is it to upgrade here, considering my ultimate goalisto charge 4 – 6 hundred dollars for a project? (I realize I will need to shoot a few freebies to help learn the system and and learn from my mistakes), Ive tried the Sony Vegas and I absolutely hate it, and Ifcurrently do not have the funds to spend 500 bucks on a high end program.

thanks for any advise or answers!

brad

Inactive

you camera should be ok, it’s hdv, gonna have good resolution there. As far as quality, I guess that depends on how you shoot. I am sorry you didn’t like vegas, maybe you didn’t spend enough time learning it. I absolutely love Vegas, it does everything I need it to without lockups and failures. Most NLE’s have there ‘studio’ versions available for relatively inexpensive prices. I would really look into a package that gives you the ability to do things like color correction, compositing, audio correction, dvd authoring in order to get better results than amateur programs will give.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap