Newbie: Pinnacle driving me crazy…should I stick with it?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Newbie: Pinnacle driving me crazy…should I stick with it?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Trying my darndest to get this thing working (Studio 10). Preview box flickers on my first attempt. Went to the website…followed the FAQ’s..did all the footwork. I am ready to take it back. (Dell computer with an intel graphics chipset) :'( I just want to transfer my Hi 8mm videos of my kids to DVD. So I bought Studio 10 plus. Anything else I should be looking at?

Participant

It was the frustrating experience I kept on having with Studio (version 8 was my cross) that drove me screaming for another solution – I moved to Sony’s Screenblast Movie Studio (Pre-cursor to Vegas Movie Studio) and then to the full blown Vegas soon thereafter. It is the best decision I have ever made! Studio was driving me mad and I have yet to try anything in Vegas that I couldn’t do and have never had it blow up or freeze on me (knock on wood).

If price is an issue, I would look at Sony’s Movie Studio line (sub $100) as it is almost as functional as the full product and is easy to use and intuitive.

Just my $0.02.

Bruce

Participant

Thanks!….I’ll look for the Sony! This Studio thing is killing me. πŸ˜€

Participant

i liked pinnacle more than vegas, and i hated pinnacle, I suggest if you have the money go for final cut pro or express, express is the cheaper of the two. ive used a lot of editing programs and both final cuts ive found to be the most user friendly and most powerful, i dont know about adobe premire i have a friend who likes that but ive never used it.

Inactive

I’ve used both Vegas and Adobe and Adobe is easier to use to me but if you are moving 8mm over to digital you will need some type of capture card/box.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap