newbie needs help with panasonic pv gs39 palmcorder

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

i just got this camera and was under the impression that by connecting the usb cable to the computer i was be able to download the video to the computer to edit it. but nothing happens, can anyone tell me why or do i need something else for the computer or camera?

Inactive

Video is uploaded to the computer through the FireWire connection (IEEE 1394). Which, of course, means that your computer must have a firewire port. If it doesn’t, you can get an add-in card that will provide that. I think the USB port on your camcorder might be for transferring still photos (but check your instruction book to be sure).
      Good luck, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Inactive

great!!!!

i have checked the manual and it doesn’t mention anything about a Firewire, but i’ll check that

thanks a lot

Participant

Yes, I have the exact same camcorder as you. The USB is for tranferring photos that you take on the camera. You NEED firewire to transfer the video. On http://www.tigerdirect.com ,you can get a firewire port for around $20, and a firewire cord for about the same price.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap