Newbie needs help!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I took a film class in school and I’m really interested in making short films.. Fellini style! I mostly want to create pods for Current tv. I would like to keep the price range under a $1000; I will also like to buy used if its good quality and it cost less.So what 3ccd(?) camera is good to buy cheap but does very well.. I know there is a push for the HD, but is it worh it? Also what software is good to buy?

Inactive

Hey, Did u though about the Canon HV20 or HV30? I heard that they are really good!

I have a Canon HR10 camcorder. it records in mini-dvd in avchd format, but with Sony Vegas pro 8, i edit it smoothly and easily, as any other format. i bought it for $399 at my local fry’s store becouse it was “old”. I use dvd-RW, so i record, put the .m2ts files to my pc, erase the whole disc, and record again, and again, and again…it is a REALLY good camcorder.

Well, Good Luck With the search,

Caio.

Inactive

P.S.: The HR10 uses 1 CMOS chip.

P.S.S.: The HV20, HV30, and the HR10 are HD camcorders!

Participant

Thanks a lot!! I check them out on ebay or something. So the push for HD now is a “must have”?

Participant

I don’t think HD is a “must have”, but many people think so, so it might end up that way. I might be getting the Canon Vixia HF10 so if somebody wants HD, I can give it to them.

Inactive

yeah.. i think HD WILL become a must have, but not yet. with the new blu-ray era and now that almost everything is hd, i thnk you should be prepared. i bought a HD camacorder so i dont have to buy another one when everything will be recorded in hd and etc…be prepared for the worst, hope for the better.

Participant

A year ago, I would have said the same – That SD is here for a very long time (which it is).

That said, I have made the move into HD with a very small expenditure (all relative). I recently got a Sony SR11 which records HD via AVCHD (1920 X 1080 @ 60i). I find that I am loving the 16:9 and not going the HDV route (which sacrifices audio quality when recording on tape) I like the 48khz Dolby 5.2 audio as well.

I still create SD DVD’s (in widescreen and 4:3) but my NLE (Vegas) does a great job of downconverting on the fly (I work with the AVCHD files on the timeline and Vegas does the rest) BUT I can output to HD for web viewing (Vimeo offers HD).

At some point next year I will have a BluRay recorder on the PC and a player and HD TV so I will make better use of it then but I gotta say, once bitten…..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap