Newbie-Need lots of advice

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I would like to do humorous commentary professionally. I have been doing a 2 minute short for the last few weeks as practice.

I am filming on my digital still camera which is why the quality isn’t good. I need to know what can be improved. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37818235

Inactive

I watched about 45 seconds. If it vacuumed I wouldn’t even respond, but it didn’t, so here’s constructive commentary:

1. Audio. Camera mic makes voice sound like it’s in a tin can. At least equalize with your video editor.
      2. Choreography: Standing still is sooo different than something that’s interesting. God gave you feet, use them.
      3. Laugh Track: didn’t laugh track’s die decades ago?
      4. Shot composition: One inch above your head, three bellow your thingies. It’s clear what the shot was meant to capture, the question is “at this point in your career, do you want to be taken seriously?” Review the composition of the Amy Walker videos.
      5. Content: Is it socially relevant? Who cares about the dumbass celebrities? There are wars going on, people starving to death, political machines diminishing our democracy, and morons who think “the individual’s right to bear arms” does NOT mean an individual has a right to bear arms… and you can’t find any comedy in that???? George Carlin made social jokes and is remembered. I think Don Rickles used to make jokes about celebrities. Is he still alive?

Hope this helps. BTW, STFU noob! (joke)

Inactive

Wow you watched for 45 seconds…sounds like a fan! I assumed most stop watching after 15 secs of looking at my “thingies”. For one of my first tries out that’s not bad.

BTW I prefer the term “jugs” it is much classier;-)

Inactive

Rebe, first, you should invest in a digital prosumer camera – preferrable one with the ability to input a microphone. I have a friendwho bought one for less than 200 bucks.I wouldn’t go HDor anything; not for what youdo. Next, I would definitely create some type of “set”. Hell, maybe you can even do something outside. Perhaps you can get interviews with people on the street?

It looks like you’re having a lot of fun. Don’t give up.

Participant

You Americans!

Don’t you know that the “Right to bear arms” was a typo?

Graham Bell Proposed it as a snub to the Puritans! “The right to BARE arms” meant women could wear short sleeves!

Participant

LOL

Participant

Rebe –

Maybe invest in a green screen and key in a better background (like a virtual set) using differing shots (wide to tight).

As others have said, a better mic would be great – There’s too much echo – even a lav would be better.

As for social commentary, I think there’s way too many folks telling me what they think already – but then there’s a huge market now for stuff like that, and while demand may be large, so is supply.

Just MHO.

PS – I watched your thingies for more than 15 seconds…

Inactive

I am interested in all opinions so thanks for sharing yours.

I am having lots of fun with these shorts! I have thought about interviewing people, but I am not sure what all the legalities may be. I am most comfortable and most myselfinterviewingso I appreciate the suggestion.

PS-Thanks for watching more than 15 seconds!

Participant

Dangit, there not “Thingies, their “Boobies”! Get it right! LOL

LOL

L.

πŸ˜€

Inactive

“Alex, I’ll take ‘Rhymes with Noobies for $200′”

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap