Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Newbie interested in Magix movie edit pro 12
- July 21, 2008 at 2:44 AM #40069vidbotParticipant
Hi all!!! I just registered.
I have used Windows Movie Maker in the past once or twice and have found that it doesn’t support too many file types. My friend’s son told me about Magix movie edit pro 12 some months ago and felt I would be a good candidate for it’s ease of use.
I’m wondering if anyone on this forum can give me an idea of the file types it supports? Can I use my Windows Media Audio/Video files?
Thanks to all for any help!
- July 21, 2008 at 7:18 AM #172371AspyriderParticipant
Yes you can. But I recommend you get the new MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus. It’s faster, easier and even more powerful. Here are it’s file type specs:
Supported import formats:
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MXV, MJPEG, Quicktime, WMV(HD), Animated Gif
- Audio: WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, MIDI, Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1
- Graphics: JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF, TGA, supports scanners and digital photo cameras (TWAIN)
Supported export formats:
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, QuickTime, RealMedia, WMV(HD)
- Audio: WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.11
- Graphics: JPEG, BMP, Animated Gif
Can be purchased from within the program
MPEG-4, MPEG-2 and Dolby Digital 2.0 must first be activated online for free.
You can see some details on MEP14+ here: http://www.magix.com/us/movie-edit-pro/plus/pr/
- July 21, 2008 at 5:32 PM #172372
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.