Newbie in search of wisdom & organization – HELP!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Newbie in search of wisdom & organization – HELP!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Windows 7, 64 bit system, 2 TB HDs and I am learning Sony Vegas Pro 10 (very slowly). I have my OS and assorted other software on one drive. I have a huge backlog of tapes that I am capturing, and at first, everything went to the ??C?? drive. I was advised to save my captured material onto a different HD, and to add a 3rd HD (for rendering?). I have done so, but I am unsure as to how the 3rd HD is actually utilized. I have finished a couple very short projects, but I used other editing software and just 2 HDs. Also, during my initial fiddling around in Vegas, somehow, I managed to change some other default settings – whoops! – and now when I open it, I get the message: ??The media library Default could not be opened.?? HELP please!

Participant

Hold CTRL-SHIFTwhen starting, andVegas performs a “reset to default values.

When you can see the new HDD’sdriveletterin windows explorer you can just use a path on that disk as output when you render. Note: none of the disks should be USB disks as this is far to slow.

Participant

Thank you very much for the quick response – I will try this tonight. Also, I wrote my initial post in Word, then cut & pasted it into this forum – sorry it looks so messy, guess I won’t do that again.

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
    homicide-bootstrap