Newbie here: Hope I made the right decision (camcorder)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Newbie here: Hope I made the right decision (camcorder)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

After weeks and weeks of researching camcorders, I purchased a Sony DCR-HC96 and it’s scheduled to be here in a few days. I want a camcorder to do short films.

My initial contenders were the Panasonic GS 300 & 500 as well as the Canon Elura 100. The reason the Panasonics were eliminated from the line up was that they can’t accept an external camera (http://www.viosport.com/) since I want to attach one of these to my helmet while on motorcycle trips. I really liked the 3 CCD feature of these cameras and so many folks raved about the quality of the picture, etc. but without a LANC input and ability to run the helmet cam I felt I needed to keep looking.

The Elura was discounted because I didn’t feel like it was up to par with some of the other camcorders I was looking at (my budget kept increasing during the research ;-)).

Finally, I settled on the Sony. It’s not a 3 CCD camera but has a pretty large imager (1/3-inch) and many also raved about this model. With technology blowing swiftly by us every day of our lives I just wanted to know if I made the right decision or should have spent a bit more on something better.

Thanks,

Participant

Actually, I AM having mac & cheese tonight. X-D

Participant

Well, I just ordered my PD170 today, along with a whole bunch of other extremely expensive stuff.

I hope I picked a good one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap