Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Newbie Canon xh-a1 Premiere capture question Options
- July 17, 2008 at 5:35 PM #45271wunnuyParticipant
Hi, I have Windows xp, Adobe Premiere CS3 and a Canon XH A1 camera
hooked up via firewire. The computer acknowledges the camera but when
I go to “capture” in Premiere, I get the “Can’t activate recorder, try
resetting camera” error. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing,
I’m still learning this camera and this is the first time I’ve hooked
it up to the computer (which works fine with my Sony VX2000). What am
I missing here?
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
- July 19, 2008 at 4:04 AM #188265robinleeedwardsyahoocomParticipant
I had the same issue.
1) make sure both camera and Adobe are setup for HDV or SD. A mismatch is easier than you think. Maybe start with DV (SD) for both and move on.
2) this is more likely, make sure all the updates for Adobe have been done, slowly they have been adding more to the ‘can do’ list. I’m not certain they are ready to do the 24F yet. So far, 60i and 30f work for me on adobe CS3 (mac) and my XH-A1.
Don’t expect to get a preview screen while capturing footage.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.