new with some questions

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi to everyone on here, Im looking forward to becoming educated on the art og taking pics and making good home movies, oh and movies of myself racing.

I just bought a Panasonic PV-GS400.

First question, did I buy a good cam.? I read a ton of reviews and it seemed to be a good one other thn the tape transport problem. I purchased a 4 yr. warranty for $130, the name of the warranty co. was MACK. The name of the company I purchased it from was I BUY PLASMA. com. I read user reviews and they had Yahoo protection. Any feedback on either co. would help me sleep ( OR NOT ) πŸ˜‰ untill it arrives.

I also asked if it was grey market or refurb. and they said no. I paid $967 for the camera, does that sound about right ? It’s supposed to have all acc. with it.

What all should I get to go with the cam. ? Obviously a case and a lens protecter, but I don’t know much ( yet ) about all this.

Any tips on using or anything at all is greatly appreciated. I feel right at home here as it is set up exactly like another forum I’m a member of, just different colors. THANKS .

Inactive

Hi, sleeper! Welcome to the forums!

You made a good deal. The GS400 is the top of Panasonic’s consumer level 3-CCD camcorders (the GS series 65, 75, 120, 150, 250). For what you do so far, I don’t think you’ll need a more professional camcorder in the near future.

As for the vendor, never heard of them!!! So good luck!

Inactive

well, I’m scared out of my mind right now. The vendor double charged my card and not even for the right amount. I hope I didn’t get scammed. They took a total of almost $2400 out of my account. I’ve sent e-mails and will be calling at 10:00 when they open. 😑 πŸ™

Inactive

😯

Inactive

Supposedly it was a mistake , and the wrong charge was voided. So now I wait to see if the charge comes off.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TELL IF A PRODUCT IS REFURBISHED OR NEW??

sorry for the caps

Inactive

well I got a tracking #, we’ll see what happens, but does anyone have any feedback on any of my questions ?

Inactive

I checked all that out before I ordered so unless they lied to me, it should be right ( I hope )

Inactive

well the cam. arrived today and everything is there. Not sure if I have the transport problem or not. It definitely doesn’t sound like any of the clips I’ve heard. There is a very slight ( with my ear up to it ) sound, could it be the wheels of the tape turnig ?

Send it back or keep it?? What r some of your opinions ?

I do have a four year warranty.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites β€” 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap