New Wedding Highlight !!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Want to share our latest piece..I value the feedback of the people in this forum so please critique or applaude

http://vimeo.com/5914231

Thanks everyone !!

Inactive

is that a soft focus lens? And the cuts seem a bit quick for the clients. Sure you understand what they all represent and why they are there, but do the clients? Are the shots telling a story? When you are shooting are you just capturing? Or are you trying to set up the story for when you sit down later for the editing process? Also, there is no point to the changing of video colors and addition of random filters when the bride is walking upstairs about to make her entrance. Why do they need to be included? When using filters always ask yourself that question. If you can’t answer it with anything other than, “It looks cool!” Then you need to cut it. There also seems to be some headroom issues and some shakyness. Nothing to sweat over but I would definitly be a bit more concerned about it next time out. The groom seems like a great personality in front of the camera. My advice would be to hold the shots at the beginning a little longer since they aren’t cut on the beat anyways, so there is really no need for them to go by so quick. As before I understand what’s happening within each shot we are already on to the next one. I might even put the beginning in slow motion to add some more emotion behind some of the first few shots, then when the verse comes in head back into the normal pacing. Good luck and thanks for posting!

Hi Tom,

thanks so much foryour input, it is greatly appreciated and we will certainlyheed your advice for our next project…

As for the focus lens, it isa plug-in in CS3. As for the quick cuts, our clientsrequested something differentfor their highlights sincetheylove MTV althoughthe final DVD is actually quite different. i was actuallystruggling to come up with a concept when the bride was walking up the steps; afterthe wedding , the bride indicated to usthat going up that steps reminded her of all the different lifestages that shewent through…

Do you have a link to some of your weddingfilms maybe there arepointers we can learn from?

Thanks,

Inactive

Sometimes it can be difficult to work with clients since they aren’t exactly sure what they want, and they don’t really know how to tell you what they want once they know. Weddings can be tough because for the most part, it’s all one take. Here is a vidcast with some of our own personal works included:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Mtl0oZ6Kc

Hi Tom,

although the link you attached is good , that is not the style we prefer. we want to approach wedding films differently..the majority of video companies use the same old steady slow mo way of shooting so we want to be different…thanks for your input thought

Participant

Dude I think its pretty damn good. Nice steady cam/fig rig work. You executed it better than 95 percent of other wedding videographers. It always helps to have some outside feedback because your staring at the damn screen for 3 or 4 days strait and can get used to oddities. I would loose the green filter at 0:48, you will need a dissolve at 1:19, turn audio down at 1:50, and only use the “color” filter transitions a couple of times in the two minute range. I thought it was cool on the first two, but then it got distracting. And then remove the blue filter at 3:02. And 3:25 is a fricken sweet shot. I’d be stoked on it. Did you try speed ramping part of it and slow moing part if it? That might be cool. Last thing, White balance the time lapse at the end. I’d say all that will make it even better, but it’s already obvious you got your shit down. good job.

Thanks Evan,

not bad for a $14 steadicam huh? cannot agree more about staring at the CPU screen for long periods of time..you have a great eye for details man ! all the points you outlined are exactly the ones i was going over and over and over again…. Cheers!

Participant

nice work.. like your style

Inactive

Aiki,

What are you using for a steadicam? I also shot weddings and am looking for an alternative to a bulky tripod for the on the go shots?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap