New video editor

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

okey im looking for a video editor with good color correction, and i dont have a mac….does anyone have any suggestions if so please list them and a price…thaks 8)

Inactive

I am shopping for a new video editor and I was wondering what video editor comes with the effect pleasentvill and other effects like that…

Participant

One video editing software that has the pleasantvill effect is FINAL CUT PRO for macs.

Inactive

I dont got a mac

Participant

Asking for NLE recommendations is like asking about religion.

Any NLE that has good color correction tools should be able to do the Pleasantville effect. I do know that it’s been done with Vegas.

Steve Mann

Inactive

I do know that it’s been done with Vegas.

what vegas program could vegas 4 or 5 do it?

Participant

I don’t know about V4, but V5 for sure. Go to DMNForums, Vegas forum, and search for “Pleasantville”.

Participant

What you are talking about is selective color correction, any of the above listed softwares would work just fine.

I am only familiar with final cut pro’s color corrction fairly well, but while you are shopping around just pay attention. Some editing software has this higher end color correction as plug ins.

Hope i helped.

Inactive

is final cut pro justfor macs?

Inactive

zax Wrote:

is final cut pro justfor macs?

yep

Participant

If you are talking about the effect of making certain things black and white with color objects inside your b/w than most pro quality nle’s will be able to do this. I’ve done it in Premiere Pro. All you do is use the “color pass” filter, isolate a color with your eye dropper, than turn down your similarity. Add a track on top of that and you’ve got your effect. Just be carefull picking a red color if there is pink or orange in your shot because it will show through and give you an unpleasant look.

Inactive

what does B/W mea?

Inactive

zax Wrote:

what does B/W mea?

black and white… or the absence of color… }:-)

Inactive

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 has excellent color tools. Color corrector, color match, color pass, color replace, color offset, color balance (HLS) and color balance (RGB) are all included. I’m not sure about other editing programs but I’m sure they have good color correction tools as well.

Inactive

Rocktooloud Wrote:

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 has excellent color tools. Color corrector, color match, color pass, color replace, color offset, color balance (HLS) and color balance (RGB) are all included. I’m not sure about other editing programs but I’m sure they have good color correction tools as well.

i thought adobe premiere pro 1.5 was a video editor….. πŸ˜•

Inactive

Oh sorry…it is…guess I overlooked the part where you said you wanted a color corrector….

Inactive

To me…adobe’s video editors are confusing. They go from adobe premier pro to adobe premier pro 1.5 and then to adobe premier pro 6.5, and 7.0…I want one of these programs im just way to confused on witch one to purchase…

Inactive

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 is the newest version of premiere pro. Before this is was just premire I think. (ex. Adobe Premiere 6.5) If you really want a high end nle, from adobe, get Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.

Inactive

Heck, shell out the cash, buy the Adobe video collection, and you’re set. Of cource you’ll have to learn to read a lot, and fast, cause it’s some pretty heavy duty stuff for a beginner to jump into, but you’ll be O.k.

And, to whoever said the color correction stuff was confusing… It’s pro level, baby, you want as many options as possible if you can get ’em.

Inactive

Adobe video collection

im guessing thats all of them…? how much does adobe premier pro 1.5 cost?

Inactive

how much does adobe premier pro 1.5 cost

$1499.99

The standard version is only $999.99

Participant

zax Wrote:

Adobe video collection

how much does adobe premier pro 1.5 cost?

As I said at the outset of this thread – asking for editing suggestions is like asking about religion. You look for the features that you need then you select the product that gets you there.

When you said that you wanted a possible career in editing, then your choice narrows down Avid. Avid is the lingua franca in the Hollywood and Television editing world where cost is never a factor. Yes there’s a few stations and shops that have FCP or Premiere, but I’ll bet lunch that they also edit on Avid.

If cost or stability is an issue, then Sony Vegas will do (almost) everything that Premiere will, and it only costs $500. I’ve been running Vegas for four years, and it’s never crashed. I’ve never lost a moment’s work from a software crash.

I have to say (almost) because Vegas doesn’t care about timecode breaks, it doesn’t care what the source media is (you can mix .avi, .mov, .jpg, .swf and more all on the timeline of the same project), and it’s non-destructive in that your original media is never altered.

Before you decide, note that Sony and Avid both offer a free trial version of their product. I would also recommend that you browse the product-specific discussion boards of all three products. (DMN Forums and Creative Cow have all three).

Steve

Inactive

What is adobe premier pro (not 1.5) color correction like

Inactive

Final Cut Pro is a video editor and so do Premier Pro 1.5 and Vegas 5/6. Beside Premier Pro 1.5 , Vegas 5/6 also capable of doing a high end colour correction, provided that you fork out another cost for that kinda plugin to enable all the colour correction features such as Ultimate S 2 & etcs….

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap