Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › New update for Pro 11
December 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM #47456rs170aParticipant
Merry Christmas from Sony
Notable fixes/changes in version 11.0 (Build 510/511)
- Updated Sony AVC format render template customization to support AVCHD 2.0.
- Added StreamChase feature for editing media while it is being ingested by an XDCAM Professional Media Station.
- Added Sony Tablet presets to Sony AVC format.
- Improved performance for MVC reading.
- Added support for 24p MVC as well as support for additional 3D cameras (such as the Panasonic Z10000).
- Re-enabled support for Mono (multiple) templates for AIFF and Wave formats.
- Add the ability to create folders in Compositors window.
- Added Titles & Text Scroll Left preset for creating text crawls.
- Extended Titles & Text animation from first line to all lines for built-in presets.
- Added GPU acceleration for Pan/Crop rotation as well as Track Motion rotation, shadow, and glow.
- Added GPU acceleration for all track compositing modes.
- Added GPU acceleration to the Swap, Push, Slide, Squeeze, Spiral, Zoom, Barn Door, and Split transitions.
- Added GPU acceleration to the Invert effect.
- Added GPU acceleration to the Checkerboard generator.
- Improved GPU-accelerated image quality for downscaled images.
- Implemented some performance improvements in ProType Titler and Titles & Text generators.
- The cursor now stops at the exact end of a recorded event when recording is paused (for example, when using the Enter key).
- Upload to YouTube has been updated according to the YouTube
specification: commas (not spaces) are used to delimit tags, and
single-character tags are not allowed.
- Projects burned to Blu-ray Disc from the timelines now show elapsed time on hardware players.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating transitions using NumPad * or -.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using audio plug-ins protected with PACE iLok system.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when rendering to ATRAC Advanced Lossless format.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the application after playing back time stretching on audio events.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening certain unsupported MXF files.
- Fixed an issue with Burn Timeline to Blu-ray Disc that caused an
invalid Blu-ray image to be created when using the MainConcept MPEG-2
- Fixed an image glitch that could occur with GPU-accelerated MainConcept AVC rendering.
- Fixed an issue with GPU accelerated Sony AVC rendering using AMD Catalyst 11.10 or 11.11.
- Fixed an issue reading MPEG-2 files with non-Latin characters in the file name or path.
- Fixed an issue displaying certain non-Latin characters in ProType Titler and Titles & Text.
- Fixed issues when using nonsquare pixel aspect projects with some video plug-ins.
- Fixed an that prevented double-clicking an OFX pop-up fader from setting the correct default value.
- Fixed an issue where transitions would not appear on the Transition shortcut menu.
- Fixed an issue with Chroma Keyer changing colors when used in 32-bit floating point mode without GPU acceleration.
- Fixed an issue with Pixelate producing incorrect output when used without GPU acceleration.
- Fixed issues with Color Curves and Levels when used with images containing transparent alpha channels.
- NVIDIA drivers prior to R270 are not allowed for GPU-accelerated video processing as they can cause crashes.
- Fixed Paste Event Attributes to also paste OFX keyframes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause events to use the wrong media in certain circumstances (seen when project is later loaded).
- Fixed scroll wheel support for devices with high-resolution scroll wheels.
- Fixed an issue that prevented mouse clicks from selecting the
active multicamera take when external monitor full-screen view was
- Fixed duplicate devices that could be displayed in Device Explorer.
- Fixed issues with External Controls not being detected when added and MIDI learning in Control Configure not working.
- Fixed an issue with closing audio ports when Close audio and MIDI ports when not the active application was enabled in Preferences > General.
December 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM #195534
Mike, thanks fo the info. I just received Vegas 11 (physical copy). Should I install that and then go to the Sonystyle site and download the new bulid or should I just go to the site and install the new bulid? Thanks for your time and effort.
December 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM #195535
Sorry that should be the sonycreative site.
December 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM #195536rs170aParticipant
Odds are that your physical copy was the very first build (370/371?) and there have been two updates since then so I’d download the latest one. You can always roll back to your CD version if you experience any problems.
December 17, 2011 at 10:59 PM #195537
Mike, thanks for the advice. I thought about installing physical copy and checking the build # and go from there but sounds like it could be extra work with unknown unintended consequences (not all files removed when uninstallation is completed) with no good result. Thanks again.
December 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM #195538DarylParticipant
updated yesterday my pro 11 it seems stable so far. way better then the first build.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.