New to the forms / looking for advice.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello. I am new to video in the last 3 years. I started using cameras when I was in hi school to document hunts with my father. That was 20 plus years ago. 3 years ago We started shooting every thing. We became vary involved in amateur hunting videography.We, would be my Brother in law and myself.. We made this how to video 2 years ago. We quit shooting 1.5 years ago when we had a family tragedy. We were approached by my work to help with some social networking, create hype on there Face-book. This has rekindled the video spirit in us. I am looking for some advice on what we could do better. This video was shot 2 years ago it was our first scripted video. Let me know what you think?

<iframe title=”YouTube video player” width=”480″ height=”390″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/k24a-SxaUj4” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Participant

How did you do the audio?

Participant

That was a struggle. We used a shot gun mic placed at are feet. Bad Idea. We were unable to monitor the audio when we were shooting.We usaly use head phones but this time we were acting.I think we may have skipped our sound check as well. I ended up having to max out the gains in post. Some of sound was folly. The music was my attempt at composing with loops. I must say that was one of the worst sounding tracks I have ever worked with . I was dealing with pops and cracks all over the place.

Participant

Hi Nodak,

I remember when your video came out. Aside from tech issues, I liked it. πŸ™‚

“Better” can mean different things to different people but if you are pretty much looking for ways to technically improve or havemore control outdoors, there are a lot of great articles on this site that will help a lot. Such as http://www.videomaker.com/article/14272/

Indoors or out, you’ll find lots of things on here to help you out.

Participant

Thanks WSanford.Looks like I may need to spend the 25 bucks to become a plus member.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video β€” 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap