New Shooting Video

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi video gurus..I bought a Canon XL2 and my first video looked ok on my MacPro during editing using iMovie but when burned to DVD and watched on different TV’s it looked blured big time…

I had the camera on “easy recording” and the final product was awful!! (on DVD) ….

Do you guys have any suggestions as of what to check and or setup propertly?

merci

Anibal

Inactive

sounds like yougoofed with the dvd’s bit rate

Participant

I heard that before but IDVD has a bit rate predefined..nothing I can do about it.

this is the flowchart of event: Shooting on XL2 TO miniDV –> import to Imovie –> Editing on Imovie (projects less than 1 hour)–> Export to Quicktime (way better result than straight t iDVD) –>CREATE a idvd project –> BURN to DVD single layer.

Any Thoughts

Anibal

Inactive

try the Best Performance setting

Inactive

if you are rendering to a dvd, you need to render to mpeg2 not .mov dvd standard is mpeg stream, you lost quality by compressing the job to a .mov file.

John

Participant

Thanks JohnBoy, can you show me how to do the rendering to mpeg2…I have absolutly no idea!

Thanks

P.S. by the way zoobie I tried the “best performance” option with the same poor blured results… I know the problem is during rendering to DVD because the original movie on tape an the the original movie during editing looks great.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap